622 HD receiver and Channel Selection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

justrelaxing

Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I will be giong HD on thurs. I have 2 tv's, so i will be using 1 HD DVR. My current DVR is connected upstairs tv and one in the basement. My question comes with I was reading the 622 that TV1 shows 1080, where TV 2 only shows 480. Can I switch back and forth on which tv is going to be TV1 for 1080? Say I want to watch some sports show on my basement projector that i am also buying.........and want to see it in 1080. Then another time, not at the same time, I am sitting upstairs and want to watch CSI, and i know it shows in HD. Can I then change the upstairs TV to the TV1 to get higher dpi?

Any help would be great.

I will be giong HD on thurs. I have 2 tv's, so i will be using 1 HD DVR. My current DVR is connected upstairs tv and one in the basement. My question comes with I was reading the 622 that TV1 shows 1080, where TV 2 only shows 480. Can I switch back and forth on which tv is going to be TV1 for 1080? Say I want to watch some sports show on my basement projector that i am also buying.........and want to see it in 1080. Then another time, not at the same time, I am sitting upstairs and want to watch CSI, and i know it shows in HD. Can I then change the upstairs TV to the TV1 to get higher dpi?

Any help would be great.

Not exactly.

First, this is likely to be moved to the DISH forum soon.

The TV1 is hard wired to the HD. There is one HDMI connector and one set of component outputs. You can connect both at the same time to different TVs and this is how we have managed to do what you are asking. The problem is that both of these outputs are tied to TV1, so both sets must be viewing the same thing. You can feed SD out ot the second set and be able to handle two different programs, but one would be SD.

Personally, I find the 622/722 to be very powerful in single mode, and I like the two tuners for record and watch, plus the PIP capabilities. Ive always run mine in single as a result.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts