622 HDMI Symptoms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
Three times now, since October on startup the receiver has had no picture and no audio. After a few minutes the audio will come in and a couple of minutes later the video will appear. While in audio only the screen is gray hash. The 622 is connected to the TV with HDMI cable. Its not the TV as it gets OTA no problem.

Is this indicative of the HDMI port failing, as its known to do in the 622?

2 things

Three times now, since October on startup the receiver has had no picture and no audio. After a few minutes the audio will come in and a couple of minutes later the video will appear. While in audio only the screen is gray hash. The 622 is connected to the TV with HDMI cable. Its not the TV as it gets OTA no problem.

Is this indicative of the HDMI port failing, as its known to do in the 622?

What's it like w/ component? I hope you have an ext HDD hooked up and keep moving your stuff to it. When my HDMI failed it was instant the connector just broke inside the unit.

Component is fine. SD output is OK. Not much on the HD to worry about. Will just keep trucking until the port dies and then call DIsh for a new one.

Have you tried swapping out the HDMI cable? I've actually had a cable go bad on me. Similar problem to yours. Worked fine for months and then I started getting audio only and no video - switched out the cable and the problem went away.

Slight upward pressure on the HDMI plug toward the component plugs on my 622 caused the picture to reappear and worked (rubber bands) until the HDD cratered several months later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)