622 - how to tell if refurbished or new ??

Correct .The receiver is new...To date I have not seen any 622 remans..I would imagine though reman 622's will show up....
you havent seen many 622's then, they've had reman 622 since the seconnd day they hit the market lol

okay so if you have a new one you purchased that crapped out, you pay the $6. monthly "insurance" and they can replace it with a reman??
if one has dhpp and gets ird replaced it should ALWAYS be new not a reman

but this is *ish!

That was true six months ago. It isn't any longer as too many retailers were screaming that remans failed more often than new even though the numbers said differently. Now they're mixed, purposely. Me, I'd rather have a reman all things considered. They're cheaper and have been tested more than the first time when the box is created.

Only on the DVR's would I want a new one over a referb, as far as the Non-DVR receivers there is really no difference in reliability.

Even on a refeb DVR, the only difference is a higher initial failure rate. Once they make it past 3 weeks there are virtually no problems!

Look it is apparent you have an agenda here....I think that says enough..
i dont like you, you dont like me

GET OVER IT AND YOURSELF

I do have a agenda here it is to get a working product from *ish.
I will continue to complain until they actually support their products

let me ask you this please do a search for my starchoice bell comcast and dtv post
why dont i complain there?
HMMM maybe cause the products they churn out actually work

funny that bell software seems unaffected by the myriad of software problems that *ish is having

my 622 has no ota but im not complaining but maybe i will

Oh man ! When it was ? 40 years ago ? ;)
20 years ago (the first unix GUI system was called "X-Windows").

The first computer GUI of any sort, was in 1974 (+/- a year) - a friend at Xerox PARC showed it to me, along with the first mouse. At the time, I was more interested in the first digital keyboard that Xerox had invented. My friend set to sound like a Pipe Organ - which was amazing back then - synthesizers were analog and only made those buzzy scifi moog sounds.

Evidently my business sense was undeveloped, as I assumed that Xerox would market all these things. Jobs and his Apple people received a demo of the Xerox GUI months after mine, and immediately set about stealing the idea. After Apple created their copy GUI, Bill Gates received a demo of Apple's GUI and copied it to make Windows.

I guess I was too ethical to ever become a billionaire. ;)

Interesting. I just had mine replaced as it was a C model 622 from the first month they were released. It had the keep re-boot problem from latest download. I had extended warrenty so I expected a reman replacement. However mine came as a NEW replacement. However the serial number end in a D. I would have thought it would have been a F or G by now. Another thing you can tell is my old 622 did not have a HDMI logo above the HDMI port. Plus new one has a warning about being careful when plugging in HDMI.

Interesting. I just had mine replaced as it was a C model 622 from the first month they were released. It had the keep re-boot problem from latest download. I had extended warrenty so I expected a reman replacement. However mine came as a NEW replacement. However the serial number end in a D. I would have thought it would have been a F or G by now. Another thing you can tell is my old 622 did not have a HDMI logo above the HDMI port. Plus new one has a warning about being careful when plugging in HDMI.
Once again..If the first letter in the S/N is a "W" it is a reman..If it is an "R" the unit is new..Nothing else matters...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts