622 install Dish 500

ChrisBMoore

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Hi All, I searched the forums here and noone seems to have quite the same situation I have. Here is my question. I currently have a Dish 811, a 625 and a 301. I have the DPP44 switch and also dishes pointed at 110,119 and 61.5 currently with a Dish 500 system. I do not have a Dish pointed at 129 to my knowledge.

This week I received my 622. Can I simply set it up and activate it and receive all the channels that are in the new HD packs, or do I need to wait until Saturday for my Dish 1000 install? It looks like it's going to rain here on Sat. so I imagine this install will get pushed back.

I was able to hook up the 622 last night, the check switch ran fine and the software download was successful. I didn't call and try to activate, because I wanted to find out if all my channels would be available first, if not, I'll wait. I also just had HD locals released here, are they available without the 1000 or not? I'm in the Washington DC market.

I'm one of those impatient types, so if I can get it activated and get all the channels without the new dish, I'd love to know. Any help you all can provide would be great.

P.S. The 622 will replace both my 811 and my 301.

I was able to get my 622 activated prior to the installation date without the installation date being canceled or moved. Others haven't been so lucky. Select HD Tech Help when you call and you seem to get more knowledgable CSRs. Make sure they can do what you want before you have them do it. Good luck!

Also, make sure they deactivate ALL of the receivers that you're no longer going to use. I got stuck with an extra receiver and extra DVR fee on my bill. My old 501 DVR was not deactivated when my 622 was installed.

Larry
SF

If you have an appointment, you may have to play CSR roulette to get your 622 activated but from what I have read on here it's a pain. The easy thing to do is cancel your install then they can activate your 622 and ask for boxes to return your two receivers (assuming they are leased). Your setup should be fine, from what I see, some Washington DC locals are on 61.5, so I assume the HD locals will be carried on the 61.5 dish as well. You can call Dish and get an tech to answer that one for you to be sure. Good luck!

Edit:

Looks like DC HD channels are on 61.5, so you should be good to go with your current setup. http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

Last edited:
Install complete!!

Hi everyone. I called the HD tech support line and cancelled my install. After getting the speech about the 90 day warranty being void if I install this myself, the rep activated my receiver and then removed my old ones telling me boxes would be sent to return them. She then activated my new programming package and told me she would reschedule my Dish 1000 install as part of my original install work order. Entire time spent on phone: about 30 minutes. It was fairly simple.

ChrisBMoore said:
Hi everyone. I called the HD tech support line and cancelled my install. After getting the speech about the 90 day warranty being void if I install this myself, the rep activated my receiver and then removed my old ones telling me boxes would be sent to return them. She then activated my new programming package and told me she would reschedule my Dish 1000 install as part of my original install work order. Entire time spent on phone: about 30 minutes. It was fairly simple.

Cancel that Dish 1000 install ASAP, there is no need for it. DC HD Locals will be on 61.5 as I stated before, now confirmed.

Per Dish Retail Chat today:

Washing DC HD locals will be at 61.5 not Dish 1000 as they prviously said. All new DC Installed should be installed with a 61.5 dish.

Those who were installed with a Dish 1000 will need to have the 129 feed disconected and a 61.5 dish put up.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59160&page=2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)