Are HD locals automatically added?

256HDfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
When HD locals are added to your city are they automatically added to your account and go on the guide?

What about if I am watching a network on a waiver? I finally got approved for a CBS waiver and now want to get CBS HD. It only took me about five tries to get this waiver and with CBS in HD I would have the 'big three' in HD (our local ABC and CBS are HDTV now).

I am still trying for that Fox waiver in anticipation of getting FOX HD in the future.

Don't know the real answer to this one. At dbsTalk, they were saying that you had to subscribe to at least Bronze *and* locals to get HD Locals. I sure hope that isn't true. It would be nice if you could subscribe to the old HD Pack and get the HD Locals.

AdamGott said:
What about if I am watching a network on a waiver? I finally got approved for a CBS waiver and now want to get CBS HD. It only took me about five tries to get this waiver and with CBS in HD I would have the 'big three' in HD (our local ABC and CBS are HDTV now).
I am still trying for that Fox waiver in anticipation of getting FOX HD in the future.
If you have a CBS waiver, you can get the CBSHD feed from either NY on 61.5° or from LA on 148°. You need to call CS to have it turned on.
At the present time, Dish is not providing local digital channels as part of distant network packages.

future plans are to move cbshd east to the 129 satellite.i upgraded to dish 1000,now i dont get cbsdh east anymore,i got it free before on 61.5,tech csr told me plans are for it to move to 129 in the future,61.5 will be for international only in the future.

mkpolley said:
future plans are to move cbshd east to the 129 satellite.i upgraded to dish 1000,now i dont get cbsdh east anymore,i got it free before on 61.5,tech csr told me plans are for it to move to 129 in the future,61.5 will be for international only in the future.
That makes little sense, since many subs in the eastern US cannot see 129°.
Why would they put the CBS HD east NY feed on a satellite that cannot be seen in many areas of the east coast.
NY, Boston, Phila & DC LiL DT's were all just put on 61.5°, so they can be moved to 129° later?
Not saying the CSR didn't tell you that,:) just saying it's not logical.

I doubt CBS East is moving to 129.

CBS West is the one that's available on both 129 and 148

mkpolley said:

I don't think so.

kdg454 said:
If you have a CBS waiver, you can get the CBSHD feed from either NY on 61.5° or from LA on 148°. You need to call CS to have it turned on.
At the present time, Dish is not providing local digital channels as part of distant network packages.

Which channels are these? I called them and they said that they added it but I did not see it in my guide. Is it MPEG4 or still MPEG2?

Thanks.

gbjbany said:
CBS-HD west (KCBS) is also on 129 as channel 6307 however im unsure if it's mpeg 4 and so i cant see it as i only have a 942.

6307 is LA supplied LiL HD market and mpeg4. I believe person is trying for the CBS-HD feed supplied as a distant feed. This person will not be allowed 6307 on 129, at least for now anyway.

There are only TWO CBS HD national feeds available as a distant network.
9483 (NY/East) on 61.5° and 9484 (LA/West) on 148°
The 6307 is KCBS-DT, which is a Los Angeles DT LiL and NOT available to any distant network waiver subs.

lakebum431 said:
Assuming you subscribe to locals and have a ViP receiver
I have a vip622, and live in the Washington DC area and I can't tell if I am seeing HD or not. For example, in the guide say, for 9421 Discovery HD Theater - all of the shows in there in the Program Guide have a little "(HD)" after the description. Same with the other 94XX channels. However, none of the 807X local channels have this little "(HD)" mark after the program description. Even an NBA game in tomorrow's guide on Sunday afternoon, usually a great slot for ratings, there is no "(HD)" insignia on the guide. Just the regular "(CC)" for closed caption.

Are the HD locals in another series of channels other than the 807X or 63XX?

the HD locals are in the 63xx range and mapped down to local numbers by default.

Since I guess you're not accusstomed to network HD I think you need to hang around more to know what's in HD. create a guide at titantv.com for example and we post daily network HD programs

If you have a 16:9 display, another way you can tell is, when you are receiving an HD signal, the screen will be filled while set in the normal aspect ration mode.

garys said:
CBS-HD East is on 61.5, channel # 9483. CBS-HD West is on 148, channel # 9484. Both are mpeg2.

Well apparently they didn't turn 9483 on for me. Guess I will have to call back. It has been two days and a power outage so it should have been on by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)