New York Locals

Shortrob

Original poster
Jul 16, 2014
Wondering if it is possible to get distant locals from New York like I use to do I know most locals are on spotbeams but New York is on Satellite 119 by what I’m gathering

Distant locals are still available for RV (dish outdoors) customers. You just need to call and request distant locals and the agents *should* be able to help. These are pretty rare calls so if you get someone who doesn't know what to do just be patient.

Also if you aren't a dish outdoors account then you will likely just be told they are unavailable for your account.

Distant locals are still available for RV (dish outdoors) customers. You just need to call and request distant locals and the agents *should* be able to help. These are pretty rare calls so if you get someone who doesn't know what to do just be patient.

Also if you aren't a dish outdoors account then you will likely just be told they are unavailable for your account.
So basically I have to set up a dish outdoors account what info do I have to give them to get distant locals

Reactions: charlesrshell

There used to be superstations you could add for like $5 that I thought was a local news station from new York that anyone could add. Is that no longer available?

Are you talking about the Superstations? I didn't think Dish offered that anymore??

Hmm, I've been told we no longer offer them. So if a customer ever drops them, they wont be able to get them back. I'll have to double check that, because I could sell that ALL day long...LOL
I think that's what Peter was saying. If you have them now you can keep them but if you don't they are not available, even if you had them before.

Are you talking about the Superstations? I didn't think Dish offered that anymore??
He's talking about "Distant locals" where the "Big 4" networks from one of the east coast and west coast markets were available to verified RV'ers and truckers via CONUS feeds. At one time, the DMA"s offered were NYC and LA, but I haven't heard that anything is officially available anymore.