Vizio not allowing Dish Hopper channel scan?

marko99

Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
USA
So my father has the dish hopper sling. He bought a new Vizio smart TV, model V505-H9.
He has the HDMI cable from the hopper connected to HDMI 1 port.
Pressing INPUT button on the Vizio remote, it has renamed HDMI 1 as DISH Hopper, so the vizio knows the hopper is connected.
Pressing channel buttons on the DISH remote, this message appears on screen:
"Acquiring Signal 535 - This should take no more than 5 minutes to complete..."
Except that it's been stuck there for an hour now!
Pressing MENU button on the DISH remote displays the menu. Moving the "cursor" over to Guide and this message appears:
"Unable to Access Feature 024 - Unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available"

Any suggestions as to what to try get these two cooperating?

Any help appreciated.
I've shut down everything and restarted to no avail.

Yup, have tried that. Pulled plug out of the receiver box and powered off the hopper itself too. Still just "this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes message..." for forever.

Is there any way you could have lost the connection between the dish and the Hopper? I recently had both those codes when the dish moved slightly durning high wind. Did you by any chance temporarily disconnect the RG-6 from the Hopper?

Reactions: pattykay
Or, you’re using the wrong Dish connection from the Hybrid LNBf to your Solo node. That is what puzzled my Dish Tech when I got my Hopper 3 years back.

But I’m assuming the HWS was working with the previous TV, so that’s unlikely. Unless the RG6 connector came apart on the back of the Hopper with Sling when the connection was made for the new Visio, the TV should have no impact to the signal between the Hopper and the Dish reflector.

So my father has the dish hopper sling. He bought a new Vizio smart TV, model V505-H9.
He has the HDMI cable from the hopper connected to HDMI 1 port.
Pressing INPUT button on the Vizio remote, it has renamed HDMI 1 as DISH Hopper, so the vizio knows the hopper is connected.
Pressing channel buttons on the DISH remote, this message appears on screen:
"Acquiring Signal 535 - This should take no more than 5 minutes to complete..."
Except that it's been stuck there for an hour now!
Pressing MENU button on the DISH remote displays the menu. Moving the "cursor" over to Guide and this message appears:
"Unable to Access Feature 024 - Unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available"

Any suggestions as to what to try get these two cooperating?

Any help appreciated.
I've shut down everything and restarted to no avail.

Hey Marko99,
When getting this error, we would have you check several things: Is there anything on the dish outside or blocking the signal? Is the Hopper in the same location, as the previous Hopper was? Is the coax cable tightened at both the wall port, and the back of the Hopper, and all the connections correct?

You can view the connection setup information here: MyDISH

If you are still having issues after checking all these things, you will want to reach out to our DISH support team for real time assistance. They will be able to go through diagnostics checks and things like that to help get this resolved. You can reach out to our Chat team directly here: Direct Chat

Thanks!
-Jessica M.

I am haveing the same problem can't get the smartcast to work or chromecast to do extra streaming. I have had dish service techs out they say it is not dish, but the tv worked fine when sling tv was connected. i canceledthe sling when dish was connected. Wish I would have stayed with sling. I can't stream on smartcast that has chanels I am paying for that dish doesn't support. Internet is woking and wifi is 100 strong.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am haveing the same problem can't get the smartcast to work or chromecast to do extra streaming. I have had dish service techs out they say it is not dish, but the tv worked fine when sling tv was connected. i canceledthe sling when dish was connected. Wish I would have stayed with sling. I can't stream on smartcast that has chanels I am paying for that dish doesn't support. Internet is woking and wifi is 100 strong.
This is an old post and a different issue than yours. But I can assure you the hopper will not cause your streaming services to stop working. It's 100% a non dish issue. It's the TV itself or your internet modem/router. Try factory resetting your tv and setting it up as new which will prompt to reconnect to wifi and download any available updates.

BTW, you might be ahead to connect to the TV port labeled ARC or eARC. This may or may not be HDMI 1. On my Sony it’s HDMI 3.

Reactions: charlesrshell