Hopper Software x43

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
  • This release contains the original fixes that were planned for Qwerty+/Qwerty++ before those were pulled back:
  • Hopper Plus Linking and Stability Fixes
  • Added ability to select which Android TV files are downloaded over IP
  • Fix for Remote Firmware Update issues
  • Fixes for Hopper Plus connectivity issues
  • FFW/RW and Skip Back/Skip Forward improvements on all Joey models and Hopper Plus
These are the software versions that are included in this release:

ReceiverQwerty+++
HopperH142
Hopper with SlingH243
Hopper 3H343
Hopper DuoH442
Joey 1J142
Joey 2/Wireless JoeyJ242
Super JoeyJ342
4K JoeyJ442
Joey 3J542
WallyW542

• This release contains the original fixes that were planned for Qwerty+/Qwerty++ before those were pulled back:
  • FFW/RW and Skip Back/Skip Forward improvements on all Joey models and Hopper Plus
These are the software versions that are included in this release:

ReceiverQwerty+++
HopperH142
Hopper with SlingH243
Hopper 3H343
Hopper DuoH442
Joey 1J142
Joey 2/Wireless JoeyJ242
Super JoeyJ342
4K JoeyJ442
Joey 3J542
WallyW542
Thanks HipKat

Reactions: HipKat
This release contains the original fixes that were planned for Qwerty+/Qwerty++ before those were pulled back:

You da man! Thanks!

I tried to get my H3 to update to 343, but it's still at 339. Was hoping that 343 would fix the record button issue (but that's in another thread)...
Be patient and keep trying. It took me 4 tries this morning. I used the update tool, 3 times it went through as usual but when it came back up with live TV and the home screen it was still on 339. Finally on the 4th try it updated.

I tried to get my H3 to update to 343, but it's still at 339. Was hoping that 343 would fix the record button issue (but that's in another thread)...
Hopper Upgrade Software Tool

Follow the following procedure and see if you have better results. Be absolutely sure that you have all receivers (Hoppers, Joeys) in standby and that you have no recordings set for the next couple of hours. After you perform step two, set your remote control down and do not touch it again till the last screen appears in step 8. Upgrade takes about 25 to 30 minutes to perform. Be patient.

1. The Upgrade Software Tool is located in the Diagnostics menu. For the 54.0 remote control press Home button three times, scroll to Tools, then select the Upgrade Software icon. For the 40.0 remote control press the Menu button two times.

2. Popup 1573 Upgrade Software (pic 1) appears. Select Upgrade Now.

3. About a minute later the Hopper 3 Starting Up screen (pic 2) appears.

4. In about two minutes the DISH screen saver screen (pic 3) appears.

5. About a minute later popup 061 Warning Vital Program information screen (pic 4) with the download scroll bar appears.

6. In about thirteen minutes the popup 303 Warning Your receiver’s memory is now being programed (pic 5) appears.

7. In about seven minutes the Hopper 3 Starting Up screen (pic 2) appears.

8. In about two minutes the DISH screen saver (pic 3) appears again.

9. Now you can press the SAT button on your remote control and live TV should come on.

Sometimes after the update is complete you might get a popup 498 Attention Updating Remote (pic 6). Set your remote control down and do not disturb it while it is being updated. I think this takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 6. Code 498 Attention  Updating Remote.jpg
    6. Code 498 Attention Updating Remote.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hopper Upgrade Software Tool

Follow the following procedure and see if you have better results. Be absolutely sure that you have all receivers (Hoppers, Joeys) in standby and that you have no recordings set for the next couple of hours. After you perform step two, set your remote control down and do not touch it again till the last screen appears in step 8. Upgrade takes about 25 to 30 minutes to perform. Be patient.

1. The Upgrade Software Tool is located in the Diagnostics menu. For the 54.0 remote control press Home button three times, scroll to Tools, then select the Upgrade Software icon. For the 40.0 remote control press the Menu button two times.

2. Popup 1573 Upgrade Software (pic 1) appears. Select Upgrade Now.

3. About a minute later the Hopper 3 Starting Up screen (pic 2) appears.

4. In about two minutes the DISH screen saver screen (pic 3) appears.

5. About a minute later popup 061 Warning Vital Program information screen (pic 4) with the download scroll bar appears.

6. In about thirteen minutes the popup 303 Warning Your receiver’s memory is now being programed (pic 5) appears.

7. In about seven minutes the Hopper 3 Starting Up screen (pic 2) appears.

8. In about two minutes the DISH screen saver (pic 3) appears again.

9. Now you can press the SAT button on your remote control and live TV should come on.

Sometimes after the update is complete you might get a popup 498 Attention Updating Remote (pic 6). Set your remote control down and do not disturb it while it is being updated. I think this takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
Wow, great info! Thanks! Now all I need to do is is find a time when nothing is recording (not too difficult) and the Joey isn't being used in the other room (a bit tougher)...

Wow, great info! Thanks! Now all I need to do is is find a time when nothing is recording (not too difficult) and the Joey isn't being used in the other room (a bit tougher)...
Welcome long_time_DNC. If you have time to watch it all, can you please check my spreadsheet for accuracy? Let me know of any errors. I made it couple years ago. I think it is still pretty close. If anything, be patient for your update. Set the remote down & don't touch it for at least 30 minutes after you hit the update button. Good luck.

Reactions: HipKat
Welcome long_time_DNC. If you have time to watch it all, can you please check my spreadsheet for accuracy? Let me know of any errors. I made it couple years ago. I think it is still pretty close. If anything, be patient for your update. Set the remote down & don't touch it for at least 30 minutes after you hit the update button. Good luck.
Thanks, Charles. Been on this site for a very long time and with Dish for 20+ years, so, far from new here, but relatively new to the H3 (I've had it and the Joey since Octoberish of last year). I have a ProntPro as my remote, programmed from a 40.0 remote, so it may or may not match your spreadsheet (in part) for keying accuracy. Other than that, sure, I'd be happy to check your instructions for any errors that I may find as soon as I find an opportune time to attempt to do the update again! :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks, Charles. Been on this site for a very long time and with Dish for 20+ years, so, far from new here, but relatively new to the H3 (I've had it and the Joey since Octoberish of last year). I have a ProntPro as my remote, programmed from a 40.0 remote, so it may or may not match your spreadsheet (in part) for keying accuracy. Other than that, sure, I'd be happy to check your instructions for any errors that I may find as soon as I find an opportune time to attempt to do the update again! :)
OK, thanks. Remote control shouldn't make any difference after you select the software upgrade button.