Hopper Software x43

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's only the one time you remove the Plus. If you put the plus back, it'll reboot again to the AndroidOS. If you remove the plus, you have to go through the same 7 minute wait again
Thanks. I did the removal, searching for a solution to another problem. The wait in my case was a full 15 minutes, but it did eventually come back in Hopper-only mode. Sadly all the account info is stored on the Plus, so entering it yet again (third time in five days) was fun. :(

So I just timed mine and it's roughly 1.8-2 seconds. And am on H343. It's not too bad definitely better than it was a few weeks ago.
The Hopper skip back/forward lag speed has been about the same for me for the last 3 or 4 Hopper Plus software upgrades. My Joey 4s lag is about the same. Something to do with the Android stuff I guess!

DK what sw to blame, but: I ordered On Demand some Food Truck race episodes. They seem to be coming thru OK, except “A Pinch of Salt Lake City.” S2. EP2.

The info screen says “Available to watch for 22 days.” But pressing Watch yields a dialog box saying “The event has expired.”

Any ideas, other than delete and try again?

Reactions: charlesrshell
DK what sw to blame, but: I ordered On Demand some Food Truck race episodes. They seem to be coming thru OK, except “A Pinch of Salt Lake City.” S2. EP2.

The info screen says “Available to watch for 22 days.” But pressing Watch yields a dialog box saying “The event has expired.”

Any ideas, other than delete and try again?
I had that happen to me some years ago. I don't remember if it ever corrected itself or not

Have a strange issue with software update H343. I have a HDMI to RF modulator attached to my Hopper 3. RF signal goes out to all my other TVs in my home thru a 10-way splitter. Reason for the modulator is so wife and I can watch a recording from the H3 in sync at different TVs. There are eight remote controls paired to the H3. Two 54.0s to H3 TV and six remotes (mixture of 40.0s and 54.0s) to distant TVs. Before H343 I would be able to turn off the distant TV by pressing the remote side TV button and then the power off button so it wouldn’t disrupt the Hopper 3 TV that wife was still watching. Last nite while watching Netflix at the a distant TV I pressed the TV button and then the power button, the TV shut down and then Netflix shut down at the H3 and it went to live TV. Wife wasn’t happy. This has never happened before. Only happens while watching Netflix. Distant TV shuts down normal if the H3 is watching a recording or live TV. Any ideas why this is happening since H343? How can pressing the power button at distant TV shutdown Netflix when the remote in in TV mode?

Have a strange issue with software update H343. I have a HDMI to RF modulator attached to my Hopper 3. RF signal goes out to all my other TVs in my home thru a 10-way splitter. Reason for the modulator is so wife and I can watch a recording from the H3 in sync at different TVs. There are eight remote controls paired to the H3. Two 54.0s to H3 TV and six remotes (mixture of 40.0s and 54.0s) to distant TVs. Before H343 I would be able to turn off the distant TV by pressing the remote side TV button and then the power off button so it wouldn’t disrupt the Hopper 3 TV that wife was still watching. Last nite while watching Netflix at the a distant TV I pressed the TV button and then the power button, the TV shut down and then Netflix shut down at the H3 and it went to live TV. Wife wasn’t happy. This has never happened before. Only happens while watching Netflix. Distant TV shuts down normal if the H3 is watching a recording or live TV. Any ideas why this is happening since H343? How can pressing the power button at distant TV shutdown Netflix when the remote in in TV mode?
It almost sounds like the remote got limited mode turned on after the update. But you're also saying it only happens with Netflix. But limited mode locks out the TV button on side, so might check if when you hit TV if the TV light at top flashes with the sat light together meaning it is in limited mode. Which if it was when you hit the power right after it would light Sat instead of tv. Can also check in remote settings towards bottom.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It almost sounds like the remote got limited mode turned on after the update. But you're also saying it only happens with Netflix. But limited mode locks out the TV button on side, so might check if when you hit TV if the TV light at top flashes with the sat light together meaning it is in limited mode. Which if it was when you hit the power right after it would light Sat instead of tv. Can also check in remote settings towards bottom.
Thanks. Wife has H3 tide up right now. Will check things a little closer tomorrow. Will see if it happens with Prime Video too. Maybe Netflix might have a ghost or something.

tjboston5676 all remotes that are paired to my H3 have the limited mode turned off. Did a test this morning with the Prime Video app. It's doing the same thing as the Netflix app. While watching the app in my H3, at the distant TV's remote control, press the TV side button so the remote is in TV mode. Then press the power button to turn off the distant TV, the TV turns off and then the H3 shuts down the app and goes to live TV. How can this happen with the remote in TV mode? This is something new with software upgrade H343. This issue never happened before for bunches of years. Now at the distant TVs I have to use the TV's original remote to turn off the TV so the H3 app keeps working.

So all distant remotes on that h3 are doing the same thing, that would seem to rule out the remotes being the cause
I think it is Hopper related too. Something happened with the last update. I don't think DISH would be too concerned since they don't really support having a modulator attached to a Hopper.