Hopper Software x43

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
tjboston5676 all remotes that are paired to my H3 have the limited mode turned off. Did a test this morning with the Prime Video app. It's doing the same thing as the Netflix app. While watching the app in my H3, at the distant TV's remote control, press the TV side button so the remote is in TV mode. Then press the power button to turn off the distant TV, the TV turns off and then the H3 shuts down the app and goes to live TV. How can this happen with the remote in TV mode? This is something new with software upgrade H343. This issue never happened before for bunches of years. Now at the distant TVs I have to use the TV's original remote to turn off the TV so the H3 app keeps working.
Have you tried disconnecting the batteries for a bit, all you need to do is pull on one of the batteries so isn't in contact with the + side for a few seconds as my 50.0 remote acts weird at times with the pad until I do that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
bug/glitch where netflix or amazon prime just jump right back to live tv upon starting still happen (threw the h3). and skip back and jump back to live tv, i dont really buy that is fixed as i had it happen atlest once since update, will keep an eye on it.

If limited mode is off, not connected directly with hdmi (cec), happening only when using an app and with all six remotes, then I haven't a clue as to what's happening. It literally makes zero sense and shouldn't even be possible. However the remotes actually receive firmware updates periodically as well, so maybe latest update included remote updates that's making it where there's something else being activated despite being in tv mode. Super weird issue.

If limited mode is off, not connected directly with hdmi (cec), happening only when using an app and with all six remotes, then I haven't a clue as to what's happening. It literally makes zero sense and shouldn't even be possible. However the remotes actually receive firmware updates periodically as well, so maybe latest update included remote updates that's making it where there's something else being activated despite being in tv mode. Super weird issue.
Thanks tjboston5676. Very strange issue.

With H343 update in my Hopper 3 the Joey WAP signal strength is gone again. It came back with the software H339 roll back. Use to be in the Diagnostics > Whole Home > Wireless Joey AP2 > Details. There is a note that says to check to check installation quality in the WJ network screen. In the WJ network screen it gives the network connection signal strength but not the WAP signal strength. The WAP signal strength in my Hopper Plus that is also on H343 is there. Anyone else that has a H3, WAP, and WJs seeing this too on software H343?
The Joey WAP signal strength meter is now missing in Hopper Plus too with the Android software P117 update. HipKat, have you heard anything about this? JWAP signal strength meter is a nice tool for me to reposition the WAP for stronger signal, troubleshooting, etc.

The Joey WAP signal strength meter is now missing in Hopper Plus too with the Android software P117 update. HipKat, have you heard anything about this? JWAP signal strength meter is a nice tool for me to reposition the WAP for stronger signal, troubleshooting, etc.
I noticed this on a service call today. Apparently they decided to remove it and can no longer view it from the hopper. (I will be complaining lol). So you have to go to the wifi Joey and view it under network settings.

I noticed this on a service call today. Apparently they decided to remove it and can no longer view it from the hopper. (I will be complaining lol). So you have to go to the wifi Joey and view it under network settings.
The only signal strength in the WJ is Internet. I couldn't find the WAP signal strength. Let me know if you find it.

No, but I saw tjboston5676 ask about it on our tech portal :D :D

Yes, that's it. Even though it seems like it's for internet it's for the connection to access point.
Are you sure? When the WAP signal strength meter was still there my readings were in the 40tys to hi 50s to my WJ4s. The Internet strength readings in the WJ4s runs in the 70tys to 80tys. I think it is two different things. One time my WAP was having issues because the signal was running in the 20tys. Even with the low WAP signal to the Joeys, Internet readings was still in the 80thys. When I moved my WAP a little closer to the Joeys the signal came up to the 50tys. Internet readings in the WJs stayed in the 80tys.

Are you sure? When the WAP signal strength meter was still there my readings were in the 40tys to hi 50s to my WJ4s. The Internet strength readings in the WJ4s runs in the 70tys to 80tys. I think it is two different things. One time my WAP was having issues because the signal was running in the 20tys. Even with the low WAP signal to the Joeys, Internet readings was still in the 80thys. When I moved my WAP a little closer to the Joeys the signal came up to the 50tys. Internet readings in the WJs stayed in the 80tys.
Yes, I did one yesterday that was having signal issues and the meter was moving as I moved the wj around. They were connected to internet as well. The wj doesn't connect direct to internet wifi, although it does receive internet from hopper.

Yes, I did one yesterday that was having signal issues and the meter was moving as I moved the wj around. They were connected to internet as well. The wj doesn't connect direct to internet wifi, although it does receive internet from hopper.
So what meter were you looking at? The WAP signal strength in the Hopper that is still on software 339 series or the Internet meter in the WJ?

OK. The Hopper software is on 343 that he was testing on the WJ.
The signal strength reporting on the Hopper was not accurate, so it was removed to avoid any confusion on whether you had a quality signal or not. They are working on an update to add that back in once they can guarantee it matches the correct signal reporting on the WIreless Joey.