622 install help needed.

ravensong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Having switched over from Voom, when they went belly up, I have a pretty old setup, including original Voom dish for 61.5 plus a Dish 500 with legacy LNBs for 100/119. These run into an SW21. My Locals are OTA with a separate run (which I want to keep that way).

I'm in Florida so rain fade is a huge issue and I'd like to keep my HD on 61.5 so I can peak that dish separately, rather than compromise to get 129 on a 1000.

My understanding is that to use a single cable run, I will need a DP44. I know I will need to replace the 61.5 dish, but don't know what I need to put in its place, also I suspect that I might need to replace the LNB's in the 500 as well, but again, don't know what I need to upgrade to.

I own my 622 and can install myself, I just don't know what parts to use as I'm fairly new to Dish.

To make it easy, you need a dish pro dual for your voom dish, assuming it has a D tube on it, and a dish pro plus twin LNB. The only reason I can think of to replace that voom dish is if it doesn't have a dtube on it.

Smart Card ?

Since this thread was already here I thought I would use it. I received my 622 from DishStore today. Hooked it up in place of my 921 and it had no problem with my Dish1000 and DP34 switch. Then the software download screen came on an stayed on, 10min, 20min, 30min. I then checked for a Smart Card. No Smart Card. Rechecked all packing materials etc. Do they hide it somewhere? Or did somebody just forget to put one in the slot before packaging this unit?

Thanks for the info. I thought I had read something about built in smart cards at one time but I could not remember which receiver(s) it was. I had several other things I had to do tonight before I could call Dish. As it was the tech walked me through resetting the factory defaults and then the unit took the download fine and was activated. Must get sleep, play tomorrow! :)

Install help part 2

chadzx11 said:
To make it easy, you need a dish pro dual for your voom dish, assuming it has a D tube on it, and a dish pro plus twin LNB. The only reason I can think of to replace that voom dish is if it doesn't have a dtube on it.

OK,

After checking out the Voom dish, I found that it has a rectangular tube on it that LOOKS like it should accept a dish 500 I adapter, which would allow me to put a Dish pro dual lnb on it. Can anyone confirm that this will work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)