622 Install Today - Now I'm really confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rangersjay99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Baltimore, MD
I presently have a 105 Superdish and a Dish500 at 61.5 with a DPP-44.

Installer came out, wanted to put up a second Superdish for 129 (doesn't even have a Dish1000 to install) because thats whats on his workorder. I told him I didn't think we could get more than 4 satellites. He said no problem, just install another 44 or 34 switch. I told him I didn't want a 3rd dish on the roof, especially a Superdish, and asked him not to change anything and just activate receiver as long as I can get all the programming I want

Will I be able to receive everything as is or will I lose something down the raod and need them to come back out?

Baltimore locals will be moving off 105 next week to 110 I believe.

rangersjay99 said:
I presently have a 105 Superdish and a Dish500 at 61.5 with a DPP-44.

Installer came out, wanted to put up a second Superdish for 129 (doesn't even have a Dish1000 to install) because thats whats on his workorder. I told him I didn't think we could get more than 4 satellites. He said no problem, just install another 44 or 34 switch. I told him I didn't want a 3rd dish on the roof, especially a Superdish, and asked him not to change anything and just activate receiver as long as I can get all the programming I want

Will I be able to receive everything as is or will I lose something down the raod and need them to come back out?

Baltimore locals will be moving off 105 next week to 110 I believe.

You should be ok for now. The only problem you might run into is if they decide to put the Baltimore LIL HD on 129. Since the look angle for 129 in Baltimore is really marginal it's doubtful.

Sam

Thanks guys.

Hopefully I will be OK for a while.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the xtra satellite input I will have once Baltimore locals are off 105. Hate to waste a perfectly good DPP-44 !!! :)

If you just look at the elevation - Yes. The problem is the Atlanta area has tons of HUGE trees (even in areas that are considered part of the city such as the Vinings)that can eliminate the possibility of hitting 129. Major pain in the butt.

I did a stint in atlanta 5 years ago during the bellsouth to dish change over, to have a no line of site there took some seriously tall tree's.

Theres no superdish for the 129, its a dish 1000 wich is only slightly larger than the 500.

Now I see that Dish is trying to charge me $59.95 "Superdish Upgrade Fee" when I already had one for Baltimore locals and they didn't even go on the roof!!!

Gotta love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)