622 installed, have a question about receiving HD LiLs

dead3ye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Central PA
Ok, 622 installed on Sat. What a pain. Installer was late about an hour, on the phone with Dish for that hour, etc but I won't bore you guys with all the gorey details. It's finally installed and activated.

My question: Now that I'm up and ready to go, I want to "move" so I can get the Wash DC HD LiL's. I live in Lewistown, PA 17044 (Harrisburg DMA) and going to move Waynesboro PA, 17268 (Wash DC/Harrisburg DMA). I have a 500 at 119 and 110 and a wing at 61.5.

As far as I can figure the Harrisburg Stations are only on one spotbeam on 119. I want to keep getting those. I don't care if I get the Wash DC locals on SD. I should be able to get the Wash DC HD channels on 61.5 which I don't think are on a spotbeam. That is my main reason for the move.

Should there be any problems with this? I ask because before I got the 622, I tried the move but my Harrisburg locals disappeared, and I had no LiL's. I didn't give the CSR too much info about what I was doing, but I had her change my address back. I think the CSR just screwed up and didn't activated my locals for the new Wash DMA.

I kinda gave the three CSR's a rough time about my install over the weekend and I want to make sure this will work before I call.

Be careful with this. If you "move", but don't really move, and your 622 is dialing in on occasion, the receiver will report back the phone number and the area code will be different than where you "moved" to.

I'm not sure if this would actually flag anything on Dish's end, but it could.

ChetK said:
Be careful with this. If you "move", but don't really move, and your 622 is dialing in on occasion, the receiver will report back the phone number and the area code will be different than where you "moved" to.

I'm not sure if this would actually flag anything on Dish's end, but it could.

I think VOIP would solve that problem.

Well, I moved. Everything went smooth as silk and I now have both the Harrisburg and DC channels and the DC HDLils.

Happy camper! :)

Closed Caption

Dish Pro NOT Plus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)