622 Is A Piece Of Crap!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Anyone having all kinds of issue's?

Mine will stop receording before the show is over, some 14 minutes, 8, 36 22 minutes. All different times.

It freezes sometimes when skipping back and forth, A error pops up saying there is a problem with my switch and to Hit OK CANCEL or HELP. I hit any of them and nothing happens, so I hard reboot it and it works for a while. I had my 942 hookued up to the same dish with no errors. My wife chewed me out all night because we missed all of her shows (thank god for ditant locals and time changes)

How do you run Diag on hard drive?

It may be your 622 or it may be something between your switch (including the switch itself) or the wiring.

What I would try doing is temporarly running a new wire to your switch and see if the problem clears up.

The 622 for the most part is a decent machine. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It may be your 622 or it may be something between your switch (including the switch itself) or the wiring.

What I would try doing is temporarly running a new wire to your switch and see if the problem clears up.

The 622 for the most part is a decent machine. :)

I tried that this morning, thought it fixed it but it didnt. Dish said the bugs I am experiencing is normal and a update will be out shortly to correct it, I told him it wont be out any time soon ( didnt see it at SATGUYS, LOL) I cant seem to do the diagnostics, I really think its the hardrive cuasing the glitches, it keeps loosing guide info.

chastulsa said:
I tried that this morning, thought it fixed it but it didnt. Dish said the bugs I am experiencing is normal and a update will be out shortly to correct it, I told him it wont be out any time soon ( didnt see it at SATGUYS, LOL) I cant seem to do the diagnostics, I really think its the hardrive cuasing the glitches, it keeps loosing guide info.

Guide info is constantly updated through the sats. Could be a lot of things including a loose wire or end gone bad. These things show up right after a change is made. I would look at that as well.

I've had my 622 a week now and I really like it. Timers are working fine, recordings are playing fine. The expanded guide is quite nice. I'd like a better selection of DoD movies (how about older films for $0.99 or less?).

Thus far, I'm quite pleased with it.

Yeah, the 622 is a great box. You probably have something else goin on that is causing signal reception to drop, thus the funky recordings.

My 622 black-screens a couple of times a day. I have to hold the power button down and reboot the whole thing to recover. Is this unusual? Should I ask for a new one from Dish?

who_the said:
My 622 black-screens a couple of times a day. I have to hold the power button down and reboot the whole thing to recover. Is this unusual? Should I ask for a new one from Dish?

If this happens when you push the power button, I turn mine back off and then turn it on using the 'select' button and picture and sound come right in.

I have had my 622 for three weeks (upgrade from 942) and have not had a single problem. Have not even had to reboot once. I love mine. My OTA HD's even come in better. Hope I didn't just jinx myself....

long_time_DNC said:
I've had my 622 a week now and I really like it. Timers are working fine, recordings are playing fine. The expanded guide is quite nice. I'd like a better selection of DoD movies (how about older films for $0.99 or less?).

Thus far, I'm quite pleased with it.

Now with the mpeg4 channels, there are a lot more HD movies, and 'free' at that. I just have to find them to catch them with the recorder.
With Netflix, PPV does not make much money off me, neither does HBO or SHO. It's a personal thing. I do like the the PPV menu though, handy for setting up my Netflix qeue for recent releases.
The ability to now watch HD programming on our bedroom SD TV is great too. As well as the expanded menu and immediate program description. So much more... the 622 kicks some butt.. :)

I'm having a difficult time with 720p over component. Screen goes black every so often for a couple of seconds and glitches/jerks happen in the screen where there is data like game scores and the scrolling ticker. When I stretch, zoom, or change to 1080i it goes away. HDMI is fine in 720p. I thought perhaps my plasma couldn't handle progessive scan over component because my 942 did it, but not to the extent of my 622 so now I don't know.

FantasyChannel said:
I'm having a difficult time with 720p over component. Screen goes black every so often for a couple of seconds and glitches/jerks happen in the screen where there is data like game scores and the scrolling ticker. When I stretch, zoom, or change to 1080i it goes away. HDMI is fine in 720p. I thought perhaps my plasma couldn't handle progessive scan over component because my 942 did it, but not to the extent of my 622 so now I don't know.

Maybe your display is trying to compensate for the 'stretch' setting used by the receiver.
Might try to set the display at 'normal', unless you like everything stretched. I realize different displays can react differently. Might be a combination that will work best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)