622 Issues finally getting to me!

JiffyPop

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I have had a 622 for about 8 months now. I would like to find out if I have bad hardware of if everyone has these issues. I continue to have the following problems:

1. DVR HD playback pixelate's many times over the course of one show.
  2. Tuner 2 goes non-responsive 2-3 times a month. Only a receiver reset resolves this.
  3. Audio sync issues with SD and HD channels (tried changing the audio sync settings).
There may be more issues, but those are the main ones that affect everyday television enjoyment!

Please HELP!

Well, when I went to check to see if I got the latest update all 3 sat's were green. I just checked now and I get different results everytime. One screen says that I am experiencing "LNB drift". There was also another screen that listed signal loss dates and times.

I guess my next question is who do I go to in order to get someone out here, should I just call Dish support or is there an alternative? This has obviously been like this since it was installed!

Last edited:
Call dish tech support tell them you have LNB drift and what kind of problems you are having. You will have to go thru the normal bs trouble shooting over the phone but they will send a tech out to fix the drifting lnb. Good luck and tell them you are not going to pay for the tech since it's been like this since day 1.

lnb drift service calls are free, no matter if the equip is leased, owned, out of warrenty, or dhpp. get that lnb replaced, and most likely your pixalation issues and possibly with your synch issues.as for tuner 2, are you doing a soft reset(hold pwer butten down) or hard reset (unplug rec)? try the hard reset if you havent already. if you have a lot of recordings on your dvr, you might want to invest in an external hdd and activate the usb port so you can transfer your recordings. call dish and troubleshoot, and go from there. i know a lot of people think its frustrating and a pain to call in, but putting up with issues taht can be fixed for over 8 months is even more frustrating. never hesitate to call tech support, they are there 24/7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts