622 keeps rebooting by its self.

Bear Paws

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
NE connecticut
This is the third 622 in about 4 months. . The first did it every couple days. The second worked fine for a month or so and started rebooting in a never ending cycle. Once it went through about 10 reboots before it settled down for a day or so.

Changed to different surge protector. No help. went direct to wall . no help. Ran a extension to different 110 [breaker] circuit. No help.
Figured maybe 38 driver line array speaker too close [about a foot] moved receiver. 3 feet. Same thing.
The circuit powers the DLP and if I were losing power for even a second the TV would go to cool down.

The thing just goes to blue screen for about 30 seconds then blank {not black] and one green light on the 622. Then all panel lights go out. Then all lights come on Red blue green yellow. It looks like the mother ship landing in "encounter" for about 10 seconds. Then off . Green and yellow come on and "searches" for sat . Most time it comes back. The one before this one, the picture would appear for about 2 seconds and then go to blue screen and blank again and go through its "thing" again
Really screws up any recording. Oh yeah. It remembers its supposed to be recording. With an another new recording with of course a gap between the two or three recordings.

Dish has been replacing the 622 but they always act like they never heard of this. Have to go through their moronic unplug and wait till it reboots game. Then the CRS finally escalates me to I guess tech.. But not before I have to 1st talk to a stupid computer and then a stupid CSR. The Tech or whoever listens and says we will send you out another one. I refuse to pay shipping and they always agree.
I searched back here at the forum and found nothing on this.
I use HDMI but also have component hooked up also. . It makes no difference.

Am I just lucky??:rolleyes: This one I put in Fri and it held off till last night. Right in the middle of Boston Legal, Arrrg. For a while I had the kitchen TV on a 625 going just in case.

Bear,

Is Caller ID enabled? If so turn it off and see what happens. I had the same issues with my first 2 622's.. Recd my 3rd one - same issue. Someone here made the suggestion to turn off Caller ID - which I did and never had the reboot issue since.

Good luck and let me know if this made a difference.

Bear,

Is Caller ID enabled? If so turn it off and see what happens. I had the same issues with my first 2 622's.. Recd my 3rd one - same issue. Someone here made the suggestion to turn off Caller ID - which I did and never had the reboot issue since.

Good luck and let me know if this made a difference.
TNX. Worth a try. Although it has no correlation to the phone ringing. That would be too easy.:eureka
One never knows what little gremlins are hidden in there.:)

Not a heat related issue, is it? That is, in an enclosed space without airflow?
Has to be something along those lines, IMO. Dish has dud receivers but NO ONE gets that many time after time. There has to be a "local" problem. Trying different outlets is a good check.

Has it always been connected to the same TV ? If so, is it connected via DVI or HDMI ? Hook it up via component cables as a test.

Has to be something along those lines, IMO. Dish has dud receivers but NO ONE gets that many time after time. There has to be a "local" problem. Trying different outlets is a good check.

Has it always been connected to the same TV ? If so, is it connected via DVI or HDMI ? Hook it up via component cables as a test.

That's not true! I am on my third 622 and if you search these and the "other" forum there are quit a few people with the same issue! My first two 622's did this exact same thing. First one didn't even last a day while the second lasted about 4-5 months.

Some people have had a single unit from day one with literally no problems yet when some people have continuous, ongoing problems, replacing receiver after receiver, and you don't think it's not something at your location to blame ? Be realistic. What are the odds that *you* or the OP keep getting "bad" receivers time after time ?

Some people have had a single unit from day one with literally no problems yet when some people have continuous, ongoing problems, replacing receiver after receiver, and you don't think it's not something at your location to blame ? Be realistic. What are the odds that *you* or the OP keep getting "bad" receivers time after time ?

Well there are some people who have had Xbox 360's from launch and some who have gone through 5 or 6 since that time.

Some people just have bad luck.

Not a heat related issue, is it? That is, in an enclosed space without airflow?
No, temp or over heat indicator does not come on. It has plenty of ventilation and its on top and it has a temp controlled 500 cfm blower above the components that rarely comes on. Also it can be on for 1 min or 5hour and it will do it. Tried different power source IE different circuit.

I agree about the odds. That why I decide to come up here and ask.
The only thing that came to mind was I think, now I say I think, it only may happen on OTA.
I do have a lot of antenna I built. Quad 10 element yagi beams stacked Vert and Horz. [square] with a pre amp. I show no signs of over load of the front end but anything is possible.

Although I did have multiple recordings of one of the Blue planet series as if it rebooted 2 times. One with3mins of record and a couple with 15 min and 25 min. Thats Sat Disc HD. Can't remember if I was watching OTA like NCIS at the time or not, if at all. I dunno. Wits end.

:confused::eek: Dang Wrong picture , now I can't get rid of it.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I have similar issues, and on OTA only. There's two particular shows, where it ALWAYS does it: Wheel of Fortune when broadcast in HD and House in HD. It never does it on other shows, or other channels. This is on my 3rd 622 and on my owned 722. They all did the same thing. The only thing to circumvent these reboots, is not to watch them.:(

How do you have it connected, DVI, HDMI, or component ? Try component in case that's not what you're using currently.

Multipath issues will cause the receiver to reboot while watching OTA. Try taking the amp off and see what happens.

Hey all, first time poster. I am having the same problem. I upgraded to 622 about a month ago. It worked fine for about 3 weeks and then the rebooting started. I switched from component to HDMI, but it continued. I received my replacement receiver yesterday and it is already doing the same thing, only the noise is worse. I do not have OTA or phone line currently connected to my receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Multipath issues will cause the receiver to reboot while watching OTA. Try taking the amp off and see what happens.

Hey all, first time poster. I am having the same problem. I upgraded to 622 about a month ago. It worked fine for about 3 weeks and then the rebooting started. I switched from component to HDMI, but it continued. I received my replacement receiver yesterday and it is already doing the same thing, only the noise is worse. I do not have OTA or phone line currently connected to my receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Arrrg. Well at least I'm not alone.

Re; Amp. Multipath? How?Every thing is common grounded with a ground bus. Also Only the 622 is on the Ant. The 211 and 625 are on spot beam. IOW SD:(. I just haven't gotten around too splitting to the 211. I have a 3 way split to the 622 and Mits tuner and a old Voom box as a STB . The Voom does a better job [componant] then the Mits tuner. I do it for 3 PIP. The 622 can't tune 2 OTAs at once.
That said , this problem started day one with the 622, even before I split the signal to the Voom STB.

I am starting to suspect OTA causing this. Wish I had paid more attention to the source when the problem is occurring. But CRD 9999 doesn't have OTA. ?????

Need more info from Dish. I may try to Email tech.