622 L3.60 Software Release Notes

Scott Greczkowski said:
Here are the software release notes for L3.60 from Dish Network.

* Fix for the PIP swap that caused reboot
* Jitter and A/V sync fixes
* A fix for Triggers that were firing even when TV enhancements was disabled.

Trying to learn: how is the software release/update transmitted to my STB; i.e., is via the satellite dish on my roof, or is it via a telephone connection to the STB. I do not have a telephone line connected to my STB. I asked the installers whether they had hooked one up and they said it was not needed. Thanks for info....

software updates come from the satellite stream. The downloads happen when it is "off" - that is, in standby not being used to watch TV.

BobMurdoch said:
Um. HDMI STILL not working!

I guess they can't figure out that "software fix"....

HDMI works fine on mine. I'm glad someone mentioned the screen freeze. I thought it was just my receiver and bad signal. I found a new one today - when I'm watching a DVR recorded event, the receiver will jump out of recorded mode and start flipping through live TV channels, mostly the PPV channels. According to the 3rd tech I talked to today, it's a known bug that occurs only in single mode and will be patched in the October software update. For those of you who have an auto reboot problem, call them and tell them you want a new receiver. I had that problem with the 1st one they sent me and they just replaced it. No problem with that issue since.

HDMI - 622 Receiver

The first thing I checked was the HDMI when I saw the new software version. No luck on my part either. Hope they can fix this soon...:mad:

Tom Bombadil said:
You can do a soft, but if you really want to give your receiver its best possible chance to work right, you'll do a hard power cord reboot.

Is that the one where you hit the cord repeatedly with a hammer, throw the 622 out the window while holding onto the plug and then pull it back up?

No go, already tried it. :)

Actually, though, thanks for the suggestion above to reboot. I guess I thought that after downloading the new software the 622 automatically did one. Who knows?

As Scottie suggests at the end of "The Thing", I'll "keep watching the skies....and the 622" for any sign of trouble.

=NLK=

Pepper said:
How about the new feature of "guide data for all OTA locals including subchannels"

I'm new to HD. I just got my 622 on Friday night. I was really surprised to see something like 30 channels when I hooked up my antenna scanned for OTA locals. I've got 6 PBS stations, all showing something different, which is not something I knew was out there.

Do you think guide data will be offered for these at some point? Do other TV providers send this data? What is the deal with so many sub channels anyway?

well the broadcasters figured out they could cram a bunch of digital signals in the same space as their single analog channel. This is similar to the way the satellite providers get a whole lot of channels per transponder, with analog you could only get one channel per transponder.

As to guide data, that's hard to say. I'm doing what I can :)

There is something about the 622 and OTA and HD locals. Why are they listed like

005-00
005-01
011-00
011-01
011-02

Instead of

5-1
11-1
11-2

I know it is not a big deal, but those extra zeros hurt my eyes.

retexan599 said:
I asked the installers whether they had hooked [a phone line] up and they said it was not needed.
Good luck getting those installers to pay the $5 additional tuner fee (aka no-phone penalty) when you get your next bill.

Off topic comment but as I see he is reading this thread, thanks to BobaBird for all of his work on the EKB. I used it several times in the past couple of weeks when charting out my recent upgrade. Just like I used it a couple of times in past years for earlier upgrades.

Truly a great on-line service.

:: stares at ground, shuffles feet ::

aw, shucks!

I mostly try to keep up with what we learn on the boards. Lately that often means one of Scott's Scoops. TNGTony and I are always open to suggestions and corrections via the e-mail on each EKB page or in an appropriate discussion thread.

Thank you sir, and back to topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)