Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here are the software release notes for L3.60 from Dish Network.

* Fix for the PIP swap that caused reboot
* Jitter and A/V sync fixes
* A fix for Triggers that were firing even when TV enhancements was disabled.

I have not seen that one eaither. the only one I had was the video jitter which made it look like the picture was going in slow motion or missing frames.

Okay Good, :up you fixed the minor problems with the 622 , it is time to bring on the new features like: external hard drive storage, native pass through aspect ratios and last but not least , video on demand via the internet.

I think Scott said something about an October date for more features. Two months ought to get some of the above done right? At least external hard drives and native pass through.:hungry:

Eh.
icon_huh.gif
Sub-channels are the work of the devil. :devil:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenec2000
Scott do you know if any of the record problems where you get a black screen and have to reboot are fixed??

lakebum431 said:
Haven't seen that one.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have not seen that one eaither. the only one I had was the video jitter which made it look like the picture was going in slow motion or missing frames.

Do you mean the one where the screen goes blank (dark), sometimes accompanied by weird sounds - sometimes no sound at all, then if you don't do anything, it will usually go into a reboot by itself?

If so, then I've had that one sporadically since I got my 622 and I assumed that's what people refer to as the "automatically rebooting problem".

Gray bars short of filling black area

I just checked the gray bar feature in formats. The gray bar now is too short and there is a large gap of black between the video content and the gray bars. It is worse with OTA HD in 4:3 and not so good in Satellite HD 4:3.

Pepper said:
How about the new feature of "guide data for all OTA locals including subchannels"
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We never talk about Dish Network's greatest HDTV flaw in public.

On my 942 the gray bar area is always a constant, but not all 4:3 programs fill up all of the space in between them. Some appear to be 1.3:1 or 1.28:1 instead of 1.33:1. This leaves narrow black spaces between the image and the gray area on those programs.

Does the 622 work in the same way, or do all 4:3 programs have narrow black bars? You'll have to check many 4:3 programs to know for sure.

I'm also seeing the delay when switching SD channels.

Ironically, MPEG-4 HD channels come in almost instantly.

Man - always another step back with something for this updates. Guess there wasn't enough time for UAT on this one! :D

I don't know about you guys, but yesterday I started to get picture freezes. Happened during Monk (a second or two, taped), one other show I can't remember and during Leno (live) the picture froze and stayed frozen for 5-10 seconds until I switched channels away and back.

This is going to be great if it happens during recording.

COULD it be me? COULD it just be a coincidence that I NEVER noticed this until yesterday AFTER the new software download? Sure. It's just that there's a much more logical explanation (and I'll reserve judgment until others have piped in with their experiences) which is: E* can't seem to try to fix one thing without breaking something else.

=NLK=

nlk10010 said:
I don't know about you guys, but yesterday I started to get picture freezes. Happened during Monk (a second or two, taped), one other show I can't remember and during Leno (live) the picture froze and stayed frozen for 5-10 seconds until I switched channels away and back.=NLK=

You may have already tried this, but I always reboot after an update.

ralfyguy said:
Hard or soft?

Why does that sound dirty to me? :D

Okay seriously, I would do a soft reboot on the power button, but if you want to really reset everything back then do a power cord reboot. It couldn't hurt to do both if you really want to be sure. I did both yesterday because of another problem with me accessing the locals menu and it did a reboot on it's own . So I did a power cord reboot just to make sure it reset back and cleared out everything else.