Software version H368 for Hopper 3

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to H368 and my Joey3 to J568.
After the update Caller ID and TV enhancements were turned off under Notification Settings. I turned both settings back on. Trick play (skip forward & Skip back) both appear to be very fast on both of my Hopper3 receivers and my Joey3 Client.
I have not done any other testing yet.

I had my first problem with the new software. I was watching a Hallmark movie “Magic in Mistletoe” recorded on my Living Room Hopper3 on my Family Room Hopper3. I paused the movie and when I tried to resume the movie the Living Room Hopper3 rebooted. After the reboot when I resumed the movie it resumed at a much earlier spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Updated to H368. H3 fast forward/reverse is faster, but not as fast as it use to be. H+ still lags, takes at least two seconds for action.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to H368 and my Joey3 to J568.
Hello D
How do you manually update receivers? I should know this after having Dish for 15+ years.
My joeys still have version J267, which sounds older than J568, no?

THanks

Reactions: charlesrshell
Until H368 I have regularly received updates in early downloads. Not so with 368. Still waiting. Wonder on what they base their timing download decisions.

Hello D
How do you manually update receivers? I should know this after having Dish for 15+ years.
My joeys still have version J267, which sounds older than J568, no?

THanks
Manual updates can be initiated through the Diagnostics Screen. However the update is not available to everyone at the same time

Having trouble with recordings freezing while watching. Have to take it to live TV and then resume watching again. Hopper 3 Plus on H368. Have you seen this on the list of issues Josh.M? Thanks

Since H368 most paired remote controls listed in the Diagnostics receiver menu are missing. I have eight remotes paired ro my Hopper 3 Plus. Only one is listed. No issue in my other Hopper 3.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Do any of those other 7 remotes work on your Hopper Plus? If not you may need to pair them again.
Yes, all eight remotes work my Hopper 3 Plus. Since H368 occasionally, very rare, I do see all the remotes. Pull the cord reboot doesn't clear it up.