Hopper 3 software H371

Mine is still on 367 and last week we started noticing odd issues.
Bring up the guide and press select to change the channel and it wouldn't do anything. Press the right arrow wouldn't move over.
Then it would suddenly go to the 4K channel 540 on the guide. Did that a few times then back to normal.
Last night I watched 20/20 on the DVR and when it was over I hit delete and the picture froze. Hit the back button tried delete again and nothing. Pressed DVR and went to Prime Time Anytime and pressed select to delete and that worked.

Also having intermittant issues with forward and back arrows and pause while watching a program. I wanted to go back quickly and the 15, 60, 300 would not work. Don't know if it the remotes or the Hopper3. Husband and I have our own remote and his had the same issue.
This and the audio issues on 167 AXS TV are really irritating.

Batteries are good in the remotes and yes I haved unplugged more than a few times lately.
Any ideas ?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I see on 371 that now when you go to schedule and want to delete a particular scheduled recording, that you no long have the option of "Record Next Airing". I like this because before you never knew if there was a future airing, so if there were, you would then need to jump down to the second option which is "Skip Event". This way now the first option is skip, and you can blindly push the button twice to skip it. Thank you.

I was lulled into a false sense of security. The "Record Next Airing' option has not disappeared, it just doesn't appear sometimes. As an example, in my scheduled recordings I have deleted Iron Man 3 three times just now. It decided that I should want a second or third or fourth chance to get it recorded. Apparently I have an active search for an actor that is in the movie. Josh M: could you check with your programming contacts and see if this could be improved.

Our H3 updated to 371 on the 27th. I'm not sure it is tied to the update but since then the guide never goes beyond about 36 hours. I've done daily manual guide updates with the same result. It's anyone else seeing this? I suspect the H3 is starting to fail (it is original from soon after they were released) but don't have any other issues other than most content these days is pretty worthless. Yesterday I did a partial test to factory details but that hasn't helped.

Our H3 updated to 371 on the 27th. I'm not sure it is tied to the update but since then the guide never goes beyond about 36 hours. I've done daily manual guide updates with the same result. It's anyone else seeing this? I suspect the H3 is starting to fail (it is original from soon after they were released) but don't have any other issues other than most content these days is pretty worthless. Yesterday I did a partial test to factory details but that hasn't helped.
My guide goes out about eight days for my H3 and H+.

Reactions: TheKrell and jimgoe
Have you tried a pull the plug reboot of the Hopper? If you haven’t simply pull the AC plug on the Hopper for about a minute and then plug it back in. The receiver will go through the full boot cycle and then show you programming. See if that corrects your guide issue. Report back if we need to go a bit further.

Have you tried a pull the plug reboot of the Hopper? If you haven’t simply pull the AC plug on the Hopper for about a minute and then plug it back in. The receiver will go through the full boot cycle and then show you programming. See if that corrects your guide issue. Report back if we need to go a bit further.
Thanks for the response. That was one of the first things I tried and it didn't help. I'll try it again and report back if it fixes the problem.

It looks like my receiver went from 367 to 371 in one go on Saturday. I'm not exactly sure when this got fixed, but when toggling back and forth (via recall button) between a live channel and a recording, the landing back on the recording is now quite accurate. It used to skip ahead 30 seconds forcing me to hit the skip/back button 3 times to see that part of the video. Finally!