622 - Land Line

J. Allen Head said:
Even if you have AEP or the equivelent Platnium package you still have to pay five bucks extra a month

Theres a diferent fee for anything below the HD plat pack on the 622, its a dvr fee that your thinking of for that, the land line fee is not related to the dvr in any way.

Its for the whole receiver and not just the second really, even if you have the 322 522 622 625 and 942 set up for one tv you still have to have the phone line connected otherwise you will pay $5 a month.

Thanks guys - I was thinking I read somewhere on the forums about the time the 622 came out that the second tuner wouldn't activate when setting it up if the phone line wasn't connected to the receiver - that's why I ask - & Thanks for your helpful and informative comments - We're a cell only household now no land line

Let's hope they move to the removal of this fee with the support of the Ethernet port on the newer boxes. In this day and age it would sure be nice to utilize the technology that is already in place.

Pick up a Sipura 1001 and configure it with a free VoIP service. The receiver will be happy and it will keep the audit nazi's off your back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts