622 Lease/Purchase Advice (upgrade)

toddjb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Germantown, MD
Okay, I've sifted through several of the posts (its a verbose group :) ) and decided I've waited long enough and I want to upgrade to a 622.

I currently have a 501 and a 508.

Is the best way to call Dish and lease the unit?

Are there any other upgrade promotions or the Costco purchase/lease I should consider to save some money?

Its late into football season to be doing this, but better late than never (and I'll be there in time to watch college basketball when that starts up!) :D If there is a better HD DVR to wait for, I'm open to those options as well as anyone screaming "ditch Dish, go D*!"

Thanks!

I can't say if there might be something you should wait for.

If you want to lease a 622, you should be able to go directly through dishnetwork and get the receiver and whatever is needed to install it for $199, I believe. That is if you haven't upgraded through dishnetwork within the past year.

Plus, you should be able to get a $10/month credit for 10 months equalling $100 if you subscribe to a qualifying HD package.

But if you currently have a 501 and a 508 do you even have an HD tv? The 622 is an HD receiver.

You could buy a 622 for around $500. But then the installation would be up to you.

I can't say if there might be something you should wait for.

If you want to lease a 622, you should be able to go directly through dishnetwork and get the receiver and whatever is needed to install it for $199, I believe. That is if you haven't upgraded through dishnetwork within the past year.

Plus, you should be able to get a $10/month credit for 10 months equalling $100 if you subscribe to a qualifying HD package.

But if you currently have a 501 and a 508 do you even have an HD tv? The 622 is an HD receiver.

You could buy a 622 for around $500. But then the installation would be up to you.

Thanks.

Yes, I've had an HD monitor for some time but until the locals came it simply wasn't worth the money for me to add HD content. I don't get the pay movie channels, I wouldn't have qualified for the CBS HD, so I would have been paying for things I don't watch.

That said, I guess I'll go for a 622 except for the comment to wait six months? Not happy with your 622 or just hoping for something better?

Since I own my current receivers and I am also pre-DVR fee, I'm not looking forward to having to lease a receiver AND pay the per receiver monthly fee for the DVR. But that's old news...

Thanks,

-todd

If you wait 6 months, you'll lose out on 6 months of HD enjoyment. I love my ViP622. Go for it.

my 622 has been working fine for the past 3 weeks. HDMI 1920x1080i (display is 1920x1080p) working just great. Swapped out my Dish 500 legacy quad for a dish 1000 with DP34 switch.

Never heard about any kind of 10 month credit? What's that?

Never heard about any kind of 10 month credit? What's that?

From the www.DishNetwork.com website:

HD Bonus offer valid for eligible new and existing residential customers as of 6/09/06 (ending 1/31/07) with qualifying HD programming (DishHD Bronze, DishHD Silver, DishHD Gold, DishHD Platinum) during offer periods. No substitutions. Eligible customer will receive a $10 credit for up to 10 months. Current customer must have been active for a minimum of 60 days.

Offers may not be combinable with all other offers or discounts available from DISH Network. New customer must participate in an eligible DISH Network promotion, and provide Social Security Number. Request form must be fully completed and must include a copy of the first month’s billing statement indicating qualifying programming purchased(current customers must include a copy of the first billing statement indicating qualifying DishHD programming). Keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of DISH Network and will not be returned. One redemption form per qualifying new customer account. DISH Network is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail. Request must be postmarked within 60 calendar days of product activation date. Any claims postmarked after 60 calendar days of product activation date will not be processed. If terms and conditions are not met, the redemption form will not be processed. If the programming package is downgraded at any time to non-qualifying programming, any remaining programming credits will be forfeited. The programming credits are ordinarily processed within 8-10 weeks. The description of the mailing, “DISH Network Offer,” must appear on the outside of the envelope containing your redemption form and first month’s billing statement. Only actual purchaser of the qualifying programming may participate in this offer. Requests from groups or organizations will not be honored. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Availability and terms of offer may change without notice.

COSTCO is definitely the best place to upgrade to a 622. If you go anywhere else for an upgrade you will be charged $50-$100 for installation.

If you purchase @ Costco the installation is FREE! It pays to do your homework :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts