622 Lost HDMI output

I am operating on component connection, but just an observation - when you loose HDMI do you reboot BOTH your TV and the 622, and by that I mean unplug and let them set for a minute or two then replug and turn on?

I haven't actually noticed anyone specifically say they had done that.

I did. In fact I unplugged went to work all day and came back home and tried with no success. I have ordered another HDMI/dvi cord and will see if that works before attempting to get another receiver, as I am sure I will be asked to try a different cord before being allowed to get a replacement. I am satisfied with the way the receiver works in all other ways and am afraid to risk getting one that malfunctions in some other way. The component looks ok but the HDMI is a little better.

I also tried unplugging everything, including the HDMI/DVI cable with no luck. They offeres a new receiver, but I opted to wait for an attempted software fix as component looks pretty good (just a little more video noise than HDMI) and I have some recordings I haven't watched yet.

Jay

Althought I have not experienced any HDMI problems with 622s, but from the reading here, it seems isolated to earlier version of 622s. It seems more like the handshake and/or HDCP related problem. Maybe the earlier version of 622s had diffrent batch of HDPC chips that was not compatible and/or works well with the software....... A simple software upgrade may not be the solution. New replacement might be the only solution. Just my 2 cents.

It has been a month now since my replacement because of the HDMI... and so far so good.

BTW, how do you find which "Revision" of 622? Seems like "Revision D & E" are more reliable as most of posts indicated. I like to see what my revisions are and so far, I don't experience any problems.

Thanks in advance.

hzhao said:
BTW, how do you find which "Revision" of 622? Seems like "Revision D & E" are more reliable as most of posts indicated. I like to see what my revisions are and so far, I don't experience any problems.

Thanks in advance.

I think its the last character in the "serial number" (the "CAIC" (?) number - not sure if this is correct, working from my faulty memory at the moment). That number appears on the box and on the label on the back of the unit but AFAIK it does not appear in any of the on-screen listings.

The receiver I got on 5/8 and just returned was RB45652R03331D

NOTE - That "D" version unit also had the "no HDMI" issue from the get-go, which is what led to the swap. My "E" version unit has worked on HDMI from the instant the image first appeared on the screen...

Thanks, bhelms.

So, I have both "C" and "D" revision units and have been in services for about a month now. So far, no issues (yet). Hopefully, they will keep that way..........

Well, just got through talking to a very pleasant young lady tech at DISH who after I described my problem and asked for a replacement, immediately said no prob and said it will be here within 5 days and gave me information on how to return this one. Took about 5 minutes. I have a "D" by the way, as above post mentions. Hopefully will have better luck with this next one. I have had absolutely no problems with anything else with this receiver. The DVR and everything else has been great.

Well, interesting 30 minutes with a Tech Rep named Jeff that spent a lot of time with me, and offered up a new 622 if I so desired. All of a sudden yesterday, after 6 weeks with my new receiver, the HDMI handshake stopped, and I got no more picture. I have a Fujitsu 55" plasma that has always worked through HDMI with both the 622 and my old 942. All other inputs from other equipment worked fine; HDMI was dead. I pulled my receiver out of the rack, and as I did that, the picture came back, then off, then back, etc. As I wiggled the connection between the HDMI cable and the output plug from the 622, the picture went on and off. The Dish-supplied cable wiggles quite a bit. So, I tentatively pushed it back into it's rack mount, and everything is fine. Jeff suggested that I may want to get a higher quality cable, but if that didn't work, he'd replace my 622. This is all now recorded in my account. When we re-carpet in a month or so, I'll switch out the cable then and report if the connection is better.

HDMI cable with 622?

I just did the upgrade from 921 to 622 this week. I was using a DVI to DVI output to my TV with the 921, but the 622 only has an HDMI output. My TV only has a DVI input. My new 622 didn't come with any cables but RCA.

Did others get an HDMI cable with their 622's?

Where can I buy a cable that is HDMI on one end, and DVI on the other end? Will that even work?

Thanks.

SteveinDanville said:
Well, interesting 30 minutes with a Tech Rep named Jeff that spent a lot of time with me, and offered up a new 622 if I so desired. All of a sudden yesterday, after 6 weeks with my new receiver, the HDMI handshake stopped, and I got no more picture. I have a Fujitsu 55" plasma that has always worked through HDMI with both the 622 and my old 942. All other inputs from other equipment worked fine; HDMI was dead. I pulled my receiver out of the rack, and as I did that, the picture came back, then off, then back, etc. As I wiggled the connection between the HDMI cable and the output plug from the 622, the picture went on and off. The Dish-supplied cable wiggles quite a bit. So, I tentatively pushed it back into it's rack mount, and everything is fine. Jeff suggested that I may want to get a higher quality cable, but if that didn't work, he'd replace my 622. This is all now recorded in my account. When we re-carpet in a month or so, I'll switch out the cable then and report if the connection is better.
Well, Chapter 2: Last night I turned on my TV, and no video. So I try wiggling the HDMI connection at the 622, and this time it does not bring the picture back. Unplugging and plugging back in firmly does nothing either. Did a front panel reboot to no avail, so I phone Dish again. Believe it or not, I got Jeff again, who immediately offered to send me a new 622, which he says I should have by Wednesday. In the meantime I will watch my last recording off my 942, box it up and send it back for my $200 credit, and use the component cables for the connection from my 622 to my Fujitsu. I just hope the new 622 works, because if it doesn't, it sounds like the handshake is gone between the two pieces of equipment. Will advise results.....

gusbus said:
I just did the upgrade from 921 to 622 this week. I was using a DVI to DVI output to my TV with the 921, but the 622 only has an HDMI output. My TV only has a DVI input. My new 622 didn't come with any cables but RCA.

Did others get an HDMI cable with their 622's?

Where can I buy a cable that is HDMI on one end, and DVI on the other end? Will that even work?

Thanks.
Am I mistaken, but isn't that exactly what comes with the 622? I know it was with my 942, and they also included a DVI to HDMI connector so that you could go HDMI to HDMI.

It should, because I am using it on my toshiba 57 " hd tv. It is about 2years old and it had dvi only . It worked with the 942 and it has worked with the 622.

After about 5 days with my replacement everything still seems OK; HDMI output is working without any issue (knock, knock !!).

Some folks have talked about the "loose plug" problem. I wonder if there is any chance that the HDMI socket is not well soldered to the MB. Has anyone who pulled their cover looked at this closely? It's something I want to check when I do finally pull the cover. Might put a loupe to it and give it a critical inspection, if it's in a position to see it. Could be that some or all of the connections are on the bottom of the board and won't be visible by pulling just the cover...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)