622 - Manual Call Outs???

Cornstalkk

7-4-7
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 22, 2005
Ohio
Am I missing something in the manual or in the set up onscreen menu? I cannot figure out how to manually call out just to make sure everything is peachy with my new VoIP service. I have all outlets active in my house for it, and the receiver did verify that it had a dialtone and it was ok, but I cannot figure out how to do a manual test call. Does anyone know I would do so?

From the menu -
Choose 6
Then choose "Diagnostics" - I think it's either #2 or #3

Then, there is a choice for "Connection". Picking that will create a test call-out.

That is what menu I was mucking around in, and it just told me 'Dial Tone Ok' (or something similar). I did not see an option to actually call out.

psumattDE said:
You could also choose "Customer Support" from the MENU and this forces a dial-out call to DISH which pulls back your account info.

So, basically, if it pulls all that info from customer support, I am good to go? Because I did do that also, and everything was ok and my info was there.

Thank you very much for the help. I am pretty stoked with my VoIP. I didn't even have to use *99 like some have had to do in the past w/ Tivo as well as DirecTV.