This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

622 modulated signal before or after antenna amp?

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
Considering running the modulated signal from a 622 into my house's antenna coax system which is run throughout the house. I have a combination adjustable amp/ splitter which takes the antenna feed amplifies it, and distributes it to up to four outputs.

Should I install a combiner (reverse splitter) with the modulated signal from the 622 before, or after the antenna amp? Obviously I would like to combine it before the amp/splitter.

Also, will the modulated signal from the 622 affect the antenna signal in any way? I have some finicky digital OTA channels.......

TV2 output is +17dbMv at the port. It's plenty of juice to distribute, hence "home distribution" marked on the back of the IRD.

I would probably have the antenna feed go into the AMP, then use the combiner after with the modulated signal. Be sure to modulate on a channel not in use OTA.

I know you've already got an amp, but here is how I took care of distributing/mixing my modulated 622 signals in my home.

I had picked up a Channel Plus DA8200 distribution amp.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=180-790

It has a dedicated antenna input, along with two inputs for "modulated" signals. All is combined and output through 8 amplified RG connectors.

I believe Channel Plus makes similar models with fewer lines out.