622 & Multiple UHF Remotes

illin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Dang, I thought I had this figured out...but I seem to have run into a problem.

We have our big plasma via HDMI in the basement as TV1...all is well. We have our living room TV as TV2 via coax on channel 73 and it works surprisingly well (via UHF 6.3).

I just bought an extra TV for the kids game room and have a split off the same coax as the living room (they are on opposite walls). I picked up an extra 6.3 thinking each could have its own and I wold be gtg.

I know that I only can watch one thing on the two TV2's...but I thought I could have two UHF's...is that not the case?

I really did not want the headache of another receiver (or cost for that matter)...but if we have to, we have to. If we do go that route, will that second HD receiver need a double coax run, or just a single? RIght now a single coax runs from the 622 right to the TV2...and it will be next to impossible to add another coax.

Ok...I am a bit slow. When I bring up sys info, it shows I am on Channel 6. So, the new remote is channel 6 and the old remote is channel 7. If I link the old one, it works and the new one does not...

I assume there is another way to change the remote code not via the record button???

Sorry...I thought I was following you.

read the manual, it will tell you how to set the remote channel, they all need to be the same. I think you hold down the sat button until it stays lit and then press the corresponding channel on the remote, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

you know they the TVs will be the same channel, right?

Last edited:
Many thanks guys...got it!

For future folks, to program the emote chennel...

Hold down SAT

Prss the channel number you desire (as in press the 4 for channel 4)

Press #

Done.

Thanks all!

illin-Thought you'd like to know that you can set up your receiver so that you can control the TV1 tuner in the living room and the kid's can use TV2 (or vice-versa). It would be handy if no one was viewing in the basement and you wanted to view in the living room while the kids' watched something different.
Menu-6-1-5 (modulator setup). Select one tv channel for TV1 and a different one for TV2. Use the appropriate channels on the 2 tv's to view. It'll be SD on both, of course. Hope this makes sense.

Ed