622 New Firmware L631...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So what can we here all do to get Dish to fix this black screen with audio problem already? It's been months!! Can you help us Scott?

So what can we here all do to get Dish to fix this black screen with audio problem already? It's been months!! Can you help us Scott?

622 was updated with with L631 early Thursday morning.

On Thursday night I had the black screen with audio problem occur 3 times!

Very frustrating.

I have two 622's. When they both had L630 only one had the black screen problem. It happens maybe once a week and a soft reboot fixes it. The other one got L631 a week or so ago and its fine except for the folder problem I talked about in the release notes thread. I don't get how the same firmware can affect one 622 differently than another.

My latest testing of L631 was that I was experiencing reboots last night and I disconnected from the internet to see if that would be the difference,it did not matter if I was disconnected from the internet or not my VIP622 would reboot when I would go into Dish Cinema and select TV Shows.

This morning it was working better it's almost like we need to wait for 48 hours after a software download because there is some improvement,yet I am still having the issue when I select TV Shows in Dish Cinema and try to exit it goes to Search then when I exit that it goes back to Dish Cinema,not TV Shows?

I'm connected with S-Video.

I have been having the wrong date being setup to record on my timers,so I have had to keep watch on my timer recordings to make sure the recording is the correct date.

Also I have been able to run out my guide to the end(it tells me my guide info is outdated)then I press update.I did that twice then I pressed no and I still was able to look at 9 days of guide.So it would seem L631 has some issues.

I have had a 622 for about a year and a half and since the update that changed the look of the guide my DVR has sucked ass. I regularly get channel signal loss messages, never did before the update. I get the black screen freeze issue still even after this last update. My #2 remote regularly refuses to work even if I put it directly in front of the 622. Are these other symptoms of the newer firmware? My DVR ran perfectly before the update.

llars said:
I have had a 622 for about a year and a half and since the update that changed the look of the guide my DVR has sucked ass. I regularly get channel signal loss messages, never did before the update. I get the black screen freeze issue still even after this last update. My #2 remote regularly refuses to work even if I put it directly in front of the 622. Are these other symptoms of the newer firmware? My DVR ran perfectly before the update.

As i type this I just got the black screen freeze on my 622. Last night I was getting the signal loss message about every 10 minutes.

These problems always occur on tuner #1, never on tuner #2.

They only started occurring on my 622 with the L630 and L631 updates.

Last edited:
Try switching the sat cables and see if the losses switch to the other tuner. Also it could be a failing dish pro separator that is causing your signal loses. I have had that happen before and had to replace my separator. I also have had a diplexor fail and caused me problems. I use diplexors for my sat and ota cables and from the sat side I run one to my separator. One failure in the mix and I lose signals on my sat and ota. If that isn't the case, try to get the 622 replaced because it sounds like maybe a software download caused some problems for your receiver.

Try switching the sat cables and see if the losses switch to the other tuner. Also it could be a failing dish pro separator that is causing your signal loses. I have had that happen before and had to replace my separator. I also have had a diplexor fail and caused me problems. I use diplexors for my sat and ota cables and from the sat side I run one to my separator. One failure in the mix and I lose signals on my sat and ota. If that isn't the case, try to get the 622 replaced because it sounds like maybe a software download caused some problems for your receiver.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've already replaced the separator and the lnb in the 1000.4 dish that has a clear LOS to the satellites.

I have rechecked all cables and their connections and verified the installation with my Supper Buddy meter connected to the cable connected to the separator at the 622.

I have eliminated everything but the 622.

I have a question to all users who have these problems: have you requested a replacement receiver from Dish and, if you did, did the new one exhibit the same problems? I quess that's actually two questions!

I had the problem with tuner 1 of 622 losing video but keeping audio on certain channels. Dish sent me another 622 and now it is doing the same thing. Still have software version 630. Reboot will fix it but that is a pain. Just wanted to check the boards to see if this is an ongoing problem before calling Dish again.

I had the problem with tuner 1 of 622 losing video but keeping audio on certain channels. Dish sent me another 622 and now it is doing the same thing. Still have software version 630. Reboot will fix it but that is a pain. Just wanted to check the boards to see if this is an ongoing problem before calling Dish again.

Try this next time ANY of you get the black screen, but still have audio: Hit the 6 second back button on your remote, and see if the picture comes back. It does for me, and I've had this "black screen with audio" problem for YEARS on my 622.

Try this next time ANY of you get the black screen, but still have audio: Hit the 6 second back button on your remote, and see if the picture comes back. It does for me, and I've had this "black screen with audio" problem for YEARS on my 622.

Didn't work for me.

Noticed this morning when I would press my guide button to view the guide options and then cancel to view a full picture that I would have a small picture on the right side of my TV screen,I can then press cancel again and view a full sized picture.So it would seem that someone(wishful thinking?) is working on this Side by Side PIP problem issue with L631.

I got the black screen with audio again tonight. This didn't work for me either.

Ok, I finally got a black screen tonight with L631. This trick no longer works for me either. It used to, but not anymore...

My black screen with audio started at the L631 update on my 622. Seems like it is a random problem, it has happened when I did a recall back and forth a couple of times and while going into the DVR menu while something else was recording but not all the time. A soft reboot fixes the problem until the next time it happens. I haven't been able to make it happen repeating those thing after a reboot so it kind of random thing. I think there has to be plenty of complaints of this problem and wonder why Dish has not acknowledged this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts