622 One HD turner!

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Just got my 622 installed. Maybe it's been reported on the forum; but I didn't pick up on it. It has one HD turner and one SD turner! What an utterly stupid step backwards, from the 921, Now I wish I had the 921 back. Sorry I ever got involved in this. This is progress?:mad:

It actually has one HD output and one SD output. The tuners themselves are HD. You can record 3 HD programs at the same time (2 off Sat and 1 OTA). You can watch all recorded shows on TV1 or TV2. On TV2 the program is scaled down.

clapple said:
Just got my 622 installed. Maybe it's been reported on the forum; but I didn't pick up on it. It has one HD turner and one SD turner! What an utterly stupid step backwards, from the 921, Now I wish I had the 921 back. Sorry I ever got involved in this. This is progress?:mad:

You're confused between tuners and outputs. Dish does enough real "utterly stupid steps" without giving them credit for this one.:D

Thank you for straighting me out. Was taking to Dish advanced tech support yesterday. They are the one's that told me about the tuners. Happy to hear it was wrong. Haven't had a chance to record anything yet.

clapple said:
Thank you for straighting me out. Was taking to Dish advanced tech support yesterday. They are the one's that told me about the tuners. Happy to hear it was wrong. Haven't had a chance to record anything yet.

"Advanced tech" huh? Sounds like they're getting even worse.

Record away - you'll love it. When it's working right, it's a very good piece of equipment. Hopfully they'll get the software right soon so everyone can enjoy it without problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)