622 optical out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ibleedblue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Garner, NC
Newbie here...got the 622 installed on Friday and played with it this weekend. So far I like it a lot, but I have one question. On Sunday I recorded the NASCAR race on TNT HD. When I watched it later, I didn't have any sound using the optical out from the 622 to my receiver. I had sound via RCA cables from the 622 to the TV and I had sound from the TV to my receiver, but nothing with the direct optical connect from the 622 to the receiver. I pulled the connector out of the back of the receiver and it was glowing red, so I had signal but apparently it had nothing in it. I have DD/PCM enable in RF mode on the 622. Is there something I have to change to get this to work right? I have not tried any other channels or done anything other than enabling DD or PCM on the 622 and I tried every combination of those settings with no success.

The TV has nothing to do with it. I have sound on the TV via the RCA cables. The optical cable goes from the 622 directly to my receiver.

Have you ever had your optical working? I know with mine I have to make sure the audio amp knows to use the optical for SAT rather than another source.

OK, I got it going. Yeah, the optical was working before when I had the DirecTivo in place. For some reason the receiver forgot to look at optical input 3 when using this video input. It was looking at optical input 2 which is the optical from the TV. I must have had the receiver set up wrong all along and just never noticed since I didn't have anything that broadcast in Dolby with the DirecTivo. Thanks for the replys folks! I'm really liking this 622 so far....much much better than the 522 I tried a couple of years back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts