622 optical out

ibleedblue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Garner, NC
Newbie here...got the 622 installed on Friday and played with it this weekend. So far I like it a lot, but I have one question. On Sunday I recorded the NASCAR race on TNT HD. When I watched it later, I didn't have any sound using the optical out from the 622 to my receiver. I had sound via RCA cables from the 622 to the TV and I had sound from the TV to my receiver, but nothing with the direct optical connect from the 622 to the receiver. I pulled the connector out of the back of the receiver and it was glowing red, so I had signal but apparently it had nothing in it. I have DD/PCM enable in RF mode on the 622. Is there something I have to change to get this to work right? I have not tried any other channels or done anything other than enabling DD or PCM on the 622 and I tried every combination of those settings with no success.

The TV has nothing to do with it. I have sound on the TV via the RCA cables. The optical cable goes from the 622 directly to my receiver.

Have you ever had your optical working? I know with mine I have to make sure the audio amp knows to use the optical for SAT rather than another source.

OK, I got it going. Yeah, the optical was working before when I had the DirecTivo in place. For some reason the receiver forgot to look at optical input 3 when using this video input. It was looking at optical input 2 which is the optical from the TV. I must have had the receiver set up wrong all along and just never noticed since I didn't have anything that broadcast in Dolby with the DirecTivo. Thanks for the replys folks! I'm really liking this 622 so far....much much better than the 522 I tried a couple of years back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)