622 ordeal

jp4miller

Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I called CS on 1 Feb and immediatelty was confirmed for a VIP 622 with Dish 1000 Dish, HD Platinum programming, local channels, and installation 08-1200 on 5 Feb. I couldn't believe it when I read all of the horror stories about the VIP 622 upgrades. That is until 5 Feb rolled around. No install, 4+ hours on the phone, everyone was very sorry, initially told installation team would be at my house in 10 minutes (they never arrived), no-one (to include supervisors) gave me any information, I was told by one supervisor he would check into it and call me right back (I'm still waiting on that return call) and to top it all off HBO disappeared from my current programming. On 6 Feb I started my quest again to get the install completed. I was told by one rep that it had been completed on 5 Feb (amazing to me as no one showed up to my house). That same rep told me I couldn't have ordered the 622 because it can't be installed until sometime after 21 Feb and costs $299.99 (I was charged $49). But, as I told him, I checked and rechecked when I ordered and was told it was definitely a Vip 622 W/ Dish 1000, and complete install including running the line for the second tv. Everybody I talked to on 6 Feb said they would get my HBO back. But, I am still without HBO. They now tell me they can't give me my HBO back (which was inadvertently turned off and is all ready paid for) unless they cancel my install which I finally had rescheduled for 25 Feb????

Sorry to hear about all this, man, but it's hardly a surprise. You know what, if this was me (and heck, it probably will be soon!) I would not mess with it anymore, live without the HBO and see if you can get that install to happen on the 25th. I have a feeling that the 25th may be the soonest any of us see a 622. I would then ask for a credit back on the days you did not have HBO.

I still have an install scheduled for 2/22. But I am completely prepared for that to be rescheduled at this point. Sucks, but it seems inevitible..

Actually Charles McKay at echostar came through after 3 voivemails and 1 email. HBO was turned back on and I still have my 2-25 install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)