622 + OTA for 2 markets

grendyl

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 6, 2004
65
0
If I get a 622 and can get both LA and San Diego OTA HD channels (or a mix), will 622 be able to use all of them even if there are 2 NBCs for example?
 

Cokeswigga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 15, 2004
266
0
Hmm...
thats an interesting question.
I wonder if the guide will be smart enough to grab your non-local stations, or if it will just say no info or digital programiing... or whatever it says when it doesn't have guide info.

Are you in the LA or San Diego Market?
 

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
grendyl said:
If I get a 622 and can get both LA and San Diego OTA HD channels (or a mix), will 622 be able to use all of them even if there are 2 NBCs for example?

Unless the channels are the same number, there shouldn't be any problem. The FCC wouldn't allow an overlap of the frequency in two close markets, whether there is 2 or more NBC's wouldn't even be a concern.
 

fs2685

SatelliteGuys Family
Cokeswigga said:
Hmm...
thats an interesting question.
I wonder if the guide will be smart enough to grab your non-local stations, or if it will just say no info or digital programiing... or whatever it says when it doesn't have guide info.

Are you in the LA or San Diego Market?

Chances are you'll only get the program guide info from the locals in the DMA that you subscribe to. I pull in one local from outside my DMA and it only diplays "Local Digital" in the program guide. Strangely though, it does show the station call letters.
 

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
fs2685 said:
Chances are you'll only get the program guide info from the locals in the DMA that you subscribe to. I pull in one local from outside my DMA and it only diplays "Local Digital" in the program guide. Strangely though, it does show the station call letters.


The station call letters are included in the OTA signal. My old 6000 picked out the call letters before the dma was ever available on E*.
 

destrada

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 11, 2005
112
0
Lockhart, TX
I don't see how it should be a problem. I'm in the San Antonio DMA. I live in an area where I can pick up Austin and San Antonio HD OTA with my 811. I get program guide information for both cities. I don't think the 622 would be any different but I could be wrong.
 

Bill R

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
364
0
grendyl said:
If I get a 622 and can get both LA and San Diego OTA HD channels (or a mix), will 622 be able to use all of them even if there are 2 NBCs for example?

On my 622 I get OTA digital stations from Cincinnati and Dayton (Ohio). I have the Cincinnati local (SD) package and I do get the EPG listings for the digital OTA channels from both markets. The "02" (and above) stations just have "Digital Service" for the listings but I think that is a problem in a lot of markets.

After you first scan for your digital locals the EPG just shows "Digital Service" for all digital OTA channels until after the nightly download.
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top