Arrrrgh I just had an install from the pits of helll

OkSatPro

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Everything that could have went wrong did.....

Let me begin with the end... it was a simple 3 room hehehe LOL

But I findly got through all the obsticles only at activation time to find the 311 in room number 3 was getting absolutely No and I mean no signal what soever....

So I go back up to the grounding block to my amazement I simply forgot to connect port 2 line to the grounding block Ok, so I was a bit frustrated and somehow over looked something so simple and please dont ask me how I missed something so obvious....

what I did when I saw was step back and just laughed..... connected it and went back in and made my customers happy...

Made $175 on the install not to bad...

But the thing I was happiest about was simply getting to go home LOL

Some are go fast some go slow and some just dont wanna go LOL

My customers were verry happy with the install, and thats what counts Isnt it?

Mark

" My customers were verry happy with the install, and thats what counts Isnt it?"
Now you've done it. Dish Network will probably drop you as an installer and take back all your equipment. Real customer service? What are you, some kind of freak :)

Call me crazy, buy I usually set the dish last, gives me a chance to check voltage on all the lines at the dish. No or low voltage tells me I have a problem and also eliminates problems at the Dish. Did ya leave a card and ask for refferrals???

wobbie said:
Call me crazy, buy I usually set the dish last, gives me a chance to check voltage on all the lines at the dish. No or low voltage tells me I have a problem and also eliminates problems at the Dish. Did ya leave a card and ask for refferrals???

Hmmm interesting, I have never tried that I usually set the dish first, it is the easiest part of the job, the hard part is running cables and such....

If the signal meter is not showing that there is voltage coming through then I check everything to make sure that there is juice coming from the receiver and see what is going wrong. That is the good thing about the signal meters, your not trying to find a signal if there is no connection to the receiver.

OkSatPro said:
I simply forgot to connect port 2 line to the grounding block

LOL!

When I used to work customer service at an electronics store, a lot of the other employees would make fun of me because my first question to a person complaining about a product that didn't work was: "Is it plugged in?" That took care of about 1/3 of the people calling in.

The next question was "Is it plugged in to a switched plug? ...A switched plug. ...Is there a wall light switch that turns turns a lamp plugged into that plug on and off?" That took care of another third of the calls.

Always start with the simple. obvious stuff that you could never have done wrong and work towards the details. :)

See ya
Tony