622 Permanent Reboot

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
I was having a few audio losses last night and thought I would do a soft boot. What a mistake. The 622 went into permanent reboot mode. Don't know how many times it rebooted overnight. Tried a hard reboot this morning, same results. Took about an hour on the phone with E* tech support. They have to send me a new receiver. Bummer, no Nascar today and no Sopranos tonight. The 622 lasted a whole week. Loved it til now. Hope the next one lasts longer. Has anyone else had this problem?:mad:

Last edited:
I would love to, if the screen was ever anything but black. Oh, and blue during the reboot process. But thanks for trying to help.

Yep,

Same exact thing just happened to my 942 on Tuesday. The replacement got here Friday (yesterday) morning.

My 942 was 10 months old.

They kept asking me to go to this menu or push this button. I kept saying " it's just a black screen" "It does not respond to any commands"

The Green light comes on and TV reports "NO Signal" Green light Goes off = Black screen. Then same sequence over and over and over and over and over....

Soft reboot = constant reboot.

Unplug reboot = goes into Disc diagnostic for 30 seconds, then constant reboot.

Sound familiar? :D

Last edited:
Man, that is exactly the same mine was doing. Kinda wish I had waited until monday to push the button and not miss out on my shows this weekend.:(

Same thing happened to me after having my 622 for four hours. Spent a bit of time with support and finally have my new receiver. It has worked well for 5 days so far (knock on wood). The old 622 was in a constant reboot every 2 minutes. It would not access an information screen or any other function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)