622 POWER PLUG PROBLEMS

GARY811000

Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
I have attempted to utilize my dish 622 on the internet using a Netgear wall plugged bridge XE102 in conjunction with the power plug feature in the 622. Upon initial installation this system seemed to work ok, but now has developed problems and I cannot now connect. I have tried unplugging the bridge and replacing it in the outlet without success. It may have bit the dust but the lights are working ok on it. All power connections are made directly in the plugs with no power strips or extension chords. I have a spare LINKSYS ROUTER MODEL WRT54GS which is also supposed to operate as a wireless access point. What I am asking is can I cable this unit to my 622 and connect wireless to the internet through my existing wireless dsl system. In other words, will the two wireless routers/wireless access point talk to each other? I cannot run a cable from my computer location to the 622 for direct cable hookup. If it will work, what do I need to do to set the system up? Thanks

Not always simple, at least one of your wireless routers has to have the ability to be set up as a wireless bridge. I think the WRT54GS can be, but only if you install an open-source firmware like dd-wrt (http://dd-wrt.com/) on it. I have a similar setup to this, with both my wireless routers running dd-wrt. One is an Asus WL500G Premium v2 (main router) and one is a Buffalo WHR-G125 (bridge in living room). They are able to communicate just fine. I'm pretty sure your WRT54GS can run dd-wrt, may depend on what version of the router you have. Check out the dd-wrt website to be sure.

Nope, no support for my main router, I am on Verizon dsl and the router is from Westell made for Verizon. Looks like there isn’t any dd-wrt support for it. Guess I will have to try to get my power plug working. Thanks again.

You (probably) only need something like dd-wrt on your bridge - your Linksys that will hook up to your Dish receiver. If you install it on there, and configure it as a bridge, and put in the right wireless settings, it will probably talk to your other router fine. In my example I was using dd-wrt on both, but you don't absolutely need it on your main router.

TBS HD no more stretch-o-vision

HDMI connected, but nothing happens?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)