622 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ICSCAMO

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Hello,
I am new here so please go easy on me.
I have looked through many threads and cannot find a couple of answers.

I just had my 622 installed. It is connected to a Samsung DLP TV. I only have it connected to this one tv. I have the receiver set to single mode.

1.My picture in picture does not work. When I push the pip button, the black box comes on and says " please wait, searching for signal". It will stay like this until I cancel the pip. I can't figure out why my second tuner won't kick in.

2. I set my dvr to record some shows/movies. None of them were recorded. I look inthe dvr screen and then go into history/ timers, ( I don't remember exactly, I am at work and tv is home), anyway it says they were recorded on tv2. But they arent there. I don't have a tv 2. only one tv!

3. When I am watching a show and press record to dvr the rest of the show, it will start to record, but then if I want to change the channel to watch a different show and continue to record the other show. It asks if I want to switch to live and stop recording. ?????????
The owners manual isn't the greatest at troubleshooting these two issues.

Can someone please try and give me a step by step walk through how to fix this. So that I can print it out and take it home tonight and get them both to work?

Thank You in advance for your help.

I had the identical problems when I first got my 622. Problem was, I was not in single mode, I was in dual mode so PIP did not work. Second, if you set times in dual mode and switch the box to single mode or even vice versa, it seems to screw up all the timer defaults (for tuner selection) and you wind up recording hours of black screen. My suggestion is that you cancel all your timers - clean them out. Then make sure your box is in single mode. Next - reboot it. Lastly, do not play with the default-tuner for recording option. The box seems to know well enough which tuner to use. Lastly, keep in mind that OTA only records on tuner 1.

If you still don't get PIP to work, then your system may not be setup correctly. Since this goes into the LNB setup, maybe someone else can fill that information in. I am not expert on the cabling. Hope that helps.

Thank You,
I will try this. I know that it is in single mode. And I don't have my OTA running into the box. I ran that straight into the tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)