622 Question

lrossnm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Santa Fe, NM.
For the second time my 622 has powered off overnight and I can't get it to stay powered on in the morning. A reboot does not seem to help. The only way to get it back working is to unplug it for 6 or so hours and then it will start up again.

Dish is sending me a replacement 622. Is it possible to download my recordings from the old 622 to the new one?

The old one is now working but I don't want to go through the startup hassle again but don't want to lose my recordings.

Sounds like you might have some sort of failed hardware component that is overheating. The only option you might be able to try is swapping the hard drive out into the new unit that DISH is sending you... risky in that if the problem is your current unit's hard drive, then you're still stuck with the problem. (Also might not work if the hard drive is somehow keyed to the hardware of the unit it is in - but worth a try I guess if you really want to save your recordings).

Besides that, your only other option would be to record stuff off of your old unit using a separate DVD recorder - feeding it via one of the 622's outputs - the recording wouldn't be high def, but at least you'd have the programs.

Basically, DISH will do nothing to transfer or preserve your old recorded programs. Now if they would activate the USB port on the 622 and allow external recording transfers, you might have an option... but it still looks like they aren't even considering rolling that feature out until the end of Summer... 20XX. (Fill in XX with two numbers equal to or higher than 07). :eek:\

Cheers!
--Supercharged_Z06

DONT open up the 622 and swap the hard drive you will void the warranty....you just gone have to loose your programming..... according to dish the external storage is right around the corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts