622 rebooting

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
So, last night our 622 rebooted by itself...and I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. The box was fine all night and until this afternoon, when it is currently in a constant cycle of rebooting; it won't stop! I tried unplugging it and waiting...no luck. Then I tried a new outlet...still didn't work! How can I fix this? We have always had issues with 622s (we're on our third now), and really don't want to get another replacement box!

Thanks!

No, its not in a tight space; there's plenty on room around the box. Also, I can't even get into the menu! It keeps restarting.

No, its not in a tight space; there's plenty on room around the box. Also, I can't even get into the menu! It keeps restarting.

is there a open space in the back to let the air out. just swap out for new box. right now i have my 722 in the top of the my surround system case. wide open. i had this smiliar problem 2 times.

This has happen to quit a few people. The only solution is to replace the box. I am on my 3rd unit.

Do you happen to have a DPP44 switch? It as been discussed a few times that the power inserter could be causing these unit's to fail. It just so happens that my DPP44 power inserter failed around Christmas and I am still waiting for the replacement, 2 weeks now! So maybe it is causing these failure!

I had this happen on my 942 last week. I unplugged and rebooted it and it kept doing it. I then removed all the cables from the back and then swapped the sat inputs from one of my 622 and it quit rebooting. I have the DPP44 as well. It turns out I had a bad F connector on one of the RG6 cable right as it entered the separator. I only discovered it because the 622 wouldn't get a signal or do a check switch. I went to swap the sat cable again only to find the bare cable. It's all good now after a good crimping. I still need a good cooling fan to draw the heat out of my "toy" closet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)