622 receiver finally crashing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
Have had a 622 receiver for quite some time. The last month or so I have started to have more and more lock ups and more frequent reboots required to get things viewable. The last few days, the guide data has disapeared and the message about unplugging the reciever and downloading the data has appeared. Last night it was so bad that I missed timers and it took until this morning for the guide data to look correct. The wife was sure to let me know this morning that she was not happy! ;-}

Does this sound like time for a replacement? If so, how do I make sure I get the 722K or 722 as a replacement so that I can start to use the Sling technology?

DIRT team, can you help?

Thanks!

It does sound like its time for a replacement. When replacing a receiver you will get the same receiver. The only way to get a 722 or 722k would be to upgrade. If you would PM your account information, I can get this started.

A month ago Dish sent out a firmware update that does this. Both my 622s lockup and reboot several times a day, starting the day each received the update. I'm waiting for Hopper pricing to see what would be a better upgrade, two 722Ks or Hopper and Joeys.

gasman882001 said:
Have had a 622 receiver for quite some time. The last month or so I have started to have more and more lock ups and more frequent reboots required to get things viewable. The last few days, the guide data has disapeared and the message about unplugging the reciever and downloading the data has appeared. Last night it was so bad that I missed timers and it took until this morning for the guide data to look correct. The wife was sure to let me know this morning that she was not happy! ;-}

Does this sound like time for a replacement? If so, how do I make sure I get the 722K or 722 as a replacement so that I can start to use the Sling technology?

DIRT team, can you help?

Thanks!

For the most part Zach from dirt is right, but if you get a tech to show to replace the reciever you might be in luck and be able to get him to swap that thing out with one of the 722's instead since they are in the same family.

Im an installer in cali and we havent carried any 622 for about 8 months.......every 622 i come accross that needs replacing ends up being a 722k these days. Even owned recievers are covered by the protection plan.

Send a private PM to Zach yesterday with my details but did not hear back from him, any other DIRT team members on that can help me?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)