622 recording questions...

Andyman33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Hi there, comin over from Charter and am having a problem recording all shows that are running more than 1 hour. Things like Lost, Grey's Anatomy, etc usually go about 1 hour and 3 minutes...This problem is occurring on thursday nights when I am trying to tape Grey's and then ER. What I want to do is record the ENTIRE episode of Grey's which is about 3 mins longer than it does default to...so I set that to end 3 mins later.. .HOWEVER, ER starts right at 9 pm cst and I dont' mind that starting the 3 mins late...HOWEVER I can't have that option to start a show late and that led to the DVR just recording the 1 hour of Grey's and then switching to ER....Therefore, I missed the end of grey's!!! The WIFE IS NOT HAPPY lol. In any case, anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

This is an ABC problem I've seen this season. You could do what I did & disable Record Plus & set one to record on TV1 & the other on TV2. Getting polite complaints at ABC is the only way I see them considering going back to ending shows on or just before the hour.

It's actually been this way for a bit now....charter was able to figure it out just fine by actually having the guide show that it goes to 8:03 or whatever it is...is there no way to get the machine to start the next recording AFTER the extra 2 min timer I set rolls up?

Manual Timers will work. The only other option is just to make sure they are on different tuners. My wife has the same recording schedule (ER and Grey's) and we just have them on two different tuners so the tuner doesn't have to switch.

You can do that by making sure Record Plus is off, but actually it should do this automatically for overlapping shows with Record Plus On. We have it on, and whenever there are overlaps, the DVR will record on different tuners. The only reason they would record on the same is if you have another show recording at the same time.

So that would be my suggestion, just make sure you have the two tuners being used.

Interesting .... we have the exact same problem here and my wife is getting annoyed at missing the last 2-3 minutes of Grey's !! Our problem is we want the HD versions, which are only available via OTA for us, so setting the recordings to run on different tuners isn't an option.

First press menu, then go to number 7(Daily Schedule), then go to Timers, then to manual timer, set the frequency, the duration of the recording, then the channel, then set the time.....then you're set

booya.