622 Remote 2 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I run the 622 in single mode. When I use the remote 1 (IR) it work fine in the room where the 622 is located.

But when I use the remote 2 (UHF) it works most of the time, but when it is held in some positions it will not send a command. I can more it around and it works. I have tried turning the antenna but that does not seem to help. It is like there are just dead spots. The distance from where I sit and the 622 is 9 feet in one location and 12 feet in the other. I have tried it with two different remote 2's. I had simular problems with a 942 also.

Any ideas on how to improve the connection?

There were several posts on improving UHF remote performance - try searching. Here's one thread you might want to read:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=70682&page=2&highlight=UHF+Remote

One trick is to connect a coax from the UHF remote antenna connection on the back of the 622 and use that to move the antenna to where it works better, perhaps even into that room where you use the remote the most. At least move the antenna higher and/or away from the rest of your equipment. I have the same problem you describe (intermittently) and that is what I'll do first when I get to it...

Also, you can try differenct RF channel in case there are inteferrence in the area....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)