622 remote control help

mnevar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I need to control TV1 from 2 locations. One will not have line of sight so I need a UHF remote. In the past I've seen posts here referring to 6.1 and 6.3 remotes that will do the trick. When I looked at DishStore, I only see a 6.3 remote and it looks like the jack of all trades, but there are no details. Can I program this remote to do what I need?

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
I need to control TV1 from 2 locations. One will not have line of sight so I need a UHF remote. In the past I've seen posts here referring to 6.1 and 6.3 remotes that will do the trick. When I looked at DishStore, I only see a 6.1 remote and it looks like the jack of all trades, but there are no details. Can I program this remote to do what I need?

Thanks,
Mark

DishStore has the 6.3 (just checked) and that's the one you want.

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=267

you could put your receiver in "single mode", and control tv1 with the tv2 remote from anywhere in the house. see your owners manual.

Well, I bought a new 6.3 remote for cheap on eBay, but it only came with 1 tab (blue TV2 UHF tab). So, do these come "new" with all the tabs always or not. Further, is there a way to just purchase the tabs?

I have an issue with my 722 and remotes and figured I would just post in this thread. The IR remote that came with the 722 started working rather poorly and Dish sent me a new remote. When I setup the new remote it worked fine, but then it started working poorly again. I have two 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remotes. I've done everything I could find in the manuals to troubleshoot. The system information screen says that remote 1 is "IR" and I think that might be the issue. If I can somehow get it to work off "UHF" I'm thinking it will be fine. Remote 2 works from UHF with no issues whatsoever.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I can get the "system information" screen to tell me remote 1 is "UHF". I've tried but can't figure it out.

The key tab is probably upside down. The plain green 1 is IR. The green tab with the black 1 that also says UHF Pro is for UHF. Make sure you use the black 1 that also has the black stripe on the prong. Good luck.

I finally got my setup working. 1 receiver with 4 TVs (2 HD) and 4 remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)