No Dish Now cards at radio shack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tootie04

Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have been to every radio shack in Tucson AZ and NONE have the Dish Now cards....what is going on?? I dont like the green dot card cause it costs an extra 4.95 each time you get one.

tootie

Yes I asked them. They said they didnt know. They have not gotten new cards in over a month.

tootie

I hate to be the one to say it but by the time that you got done driving all over town you could have easily paid the extra 4.95 that green dot charges with the money and time that you would have saved in gasoline.

I dont drive all over town.....my fingers do the walking.;) I did stop at a few Radio Shacks but that was because i was driving by anyway. One girl told me she heard that Dish Now was gonna start taking payments online....I checked but didnt see anything on the web site. It is just really wierd that NO Radio Shacks have the cards here.

tootie

I dont drive all over town.....my fingers do the walking.;) I did stop at a few Radio Shacks but that was because i was driving by anyway. One girl told me she heard that Dish Now was gonna start taking payments online....I checked but didnt see anything on the web site. It is just really wierd that NO Radio Shacks have the cards here.

tootie

tootie04 and anyone else,

Your first mistake is that you "let your fingers do the walking" which either means you tried to get information about Dish NOW! online at Radio Shacks website, or by calling the stores themselves.

Big mistake. I hate too say it, but most of the people that work in these stores are pretty clueless to Dish NOW! And the Radio Shack Website is a lost cause for those who are interested in Dish NOW!/YA! You will not find it ANYWHERE.

They are more involved in trying to sell a brand new Dish setup, especially the Dish TURBO HD to the people that walk through the door.

Dish NOW!/YA! is E*'s little secret that they like to keep under the rug.

Think about it. If your company offered a service where the customer controls everything, especially in these and future hard economic times(reccession is here to stay for a while people, and it will get worse before it gets better), and you also sell the same people a package where they are TIED to a contract which guarantees your company a specified amount of income from that individual over at least a 2 year period, which would you push?

Anyway, here is the way to get them at your local Radio Shack, and to get the reps there informed:

1. Tell them you have the Dish NOW!/YA! service, and you want them to carry the prepaid $40 Dish NOW!/YA! cards. If they know you are going to buy them, they will carry them.

2. Here are the SKU #(Radio Shacks internal numbers for the Dish Now equipment, cards, and self installation kit):

A. Dish NOW!/YA! System $99.99 SKU(160-2843)
B. Prepaid programming card $40.00 SKU(160-0317
C. Self installation Kit $19.99 SKU(160-2845)

Now, the above SKU numbers are Radio Shack's internal register numbers for the above products.

I got them in April, 2007 so they are over a year and a half old, BUT they should still be the same number within their computer system.

When you go in, ask them to look this up within their system, and ask them to order them(the prepaid cards or whatever), and keep a supply on hand.

They should be more than happy to do so.

The dish now prepaid card is a paper card with a barcode on it. The numbers print off on the receipt. Radioshack has sold me just the receipt with the info maybe 3-4 times when they where out of the paper card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)