622 Remote options

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
622 extra Remote options

In trying to eBay, what remotes will work for what functions of the 622?

From reading, I believe a 6.0 & 8.0 can function as UHF Pro remotes for either TV1 or 2, but that the Aux can not be programmed to control TV1 or any another sat reciever. A 6.2 & 6.3 can function as a TV1 or TV2 UHF Pro remote and that the Aux can control TV1 IR or other IR/UHF sat recievers.

Is this correct?

Last edited:
In trying to eBay, what remotes will work for what functions of the 622?

1. From reading, I believe a 6.0 & 8.0 can function as UHF Pro remotes for either TV1 or 2, but that the Aux can not be programmed to control TV1 or any another sat reciever.
I'm not familiar with the 6.0 & 8.0 remotes so I'll let someone else answer this one.
2. A 6.2 & 6.3 can function as a TV1 or TV2 UHF Pro remote and that the Aux can control TV1 IR or other IR/UHF sat recievers.
The 6.2 and 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remotes can control TV1 via UHF PRO with a "Green UHF PRO" chip, or control TV2 via UHF PRO with a Blue "UHF PRO" chip. The AUX mode can be programmed to contol the ViP 622 TV1 using IR only. The AUX can also be programmed to control some earlier satellite receivers that uses the UHF protocol and not the UHF PRO protocol.

ViP 622 with a 5.3 IR (Green 1) remote and a 6.3 IR/UHF PRO (Blue 2) remote:

Single Mode:
- Green 1 Sat Mode will control TV1 and TV2 via IR
- Blue 2 Sat Mode will control TV2 and TV1 via UHF PRO

Dual Mode:
- Green 1 Sat Mode will control TV1 via IR
- Blue 2 Sat Mode will control TV2 via UHF PRO
- Green 1 Aux Mode will control TV1 via IR
- Blue 2 Aux Mode will control TV1 via IR

NOTE: If you are in the same room as the receiver, you can leave your ViP 622 in DUAL MODE and control both TV1 and TV2 with a single remote, by programming the AUX Mode button to control TV1 using the instructions on page 82:
(1) Hold AUX button down until all modes light up, then let go.
(2) Press 3 (3 is AUX Code for another Dish Receiver).
(3) Press 1 (or whatever TV1 Address is).
(4) Press # (AUX will blink 3 times).

Last edited:
IR/UHF Pro mode for TV1

Is it possible to setup the 622 receiver so that both the 5.3 IR remote and the 6.3 UHF Pro remotes can be used simultaneously to control TV1? I can set the 622 up for the 6.3 remote in the UHF Pro position (switch in position second from right), but then the 5.3 remote does not operate. I don't see any adjustments on the 5.3 remote. Is there a way to do this, or is it impossible?

I'd like to control TV1 from in the room or from another room since I have TV1 connected to two TV's. Thanks

Yes. Although the Sat Mode of the 6.3 will not send both IR and UHF PRO when in the UHF PRO mode, the 622 TV1 has 2 options, either IR, or IR & UHF PRO, allowing a 5.3 in the same room and/or a 6.3 anywhere.

It sounds like you took your TV2 Blue remote, pulled off the key tab, and moved the switch over to the correct position; then you put the TV in (?) system mode to program it, then you hit the record button.

This converted your TV1 from IR to IR/UHF PRO, but it used the same address as TV2. Although TV1 and TV2 might at first work with the same remote address, it will soon mess up with conflict. I use Address 1 for TV1 and Address 2 for TV2.

Hit menu, menu to go to "system info" and I bet the "white square" with a "number inside" it, is the same for both:
- Primary Remote Address ------- 2 -- TV1 IR/UHF Pro Band A
- Secondary Remote Address ---- 2 -- TV2 UHF Pro Band A

Solution:

While your 6.3 is set for TV1, change the Remote Address to 1, push the button on the 622 to go into system mode, press record on the remote.

- Primary Remote Address ------- 1 -- TV1 IR/UHF Pro Band A
- Secondary Remote Address ---- 2 -- TV2 UHF Pro Band A

EDIT:
The above assumes that TV1 was Remote Address 1, and TV2 was Remote Address 2.
If you are going to use a single 6.3 to control TV1 and TV2 while in Dual Mode, then besides sliding the switch, you will also need to change the Remote Address on the 6.3.

Last edited:

New "CHILLER" channel - Do you think Dish will carry it?

Star Wars Series on HBO, in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)