622 Remote Question.......

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
I just got my 622. I will only be using it for single mode as I am not feeding it to any other tvs.

My question......

I have a 2nd remote with a #2 key on it. My father recently ordered a replacement remote for his 721 and they sent him a remote with a bunch of spare keys.

If I take out the #2 key and put in one of his spare #1 keys, will it in effect give me a spare remote? The kids always seem to misplace it somewhere and it would be nice to not have to go digging in cushions every time it goes AWOL.

I know the primary remote is IR only, but I didn't know if that was a key induced limitation or whether the 1 remote does not have the UHF function at all...... Actually, that shouldn't matter as the #2 remote can send out IR signals as well..... Anyone try this?

Just as a backup. Right now it is sitting in a drawer getting NO use since I don't have a TV2 hooked up.....

boba said:
If the key fits it should set a remote to work as a IR #1 remote, though I don't know why you would want to.

I agree, remote 2 the way it is now will work better as an uhf remote. I usually leave my 622 in single mode and use remote 2 more than remote 1. Keys cannot be used in remote 1, by the way.

If you take the key out of your #2 remote and slide the slider over (I think to the left 1 notch) it will become remote #1 and you can use it for UHF #1. You will have a gap though at the bottom where there is no longer a key. You can use a 811/921 remote for UHF #2. The old UHF Pro remotes like the 821 and 921 model can only be used on remote #2 for the 622.

When you go into sysinfo and press the record button on the 622 remote with the slider moved over one notch (inside the slot where the key goes, can move with a toothpick), the TV#1 remote will change to IR/UHF xx Band A (assuming you kept the remote on band A, you can move to band B if you want).

If you do not move the sliding switch over it will only change the channel # on TV #2.

So, essentially it looks like Dish simply took all the old UHF Pro remote codes and assigned them to TV#2 on the dual tuner DVRs and changed the code for the #1 TV.

Does this mean you can't control both tuners on a 622 with a single remote without physically taking the key out and moving the slider? I was hoping to be able to control either tuner by just changing the remote address. I've got the RF for both tuners distributed throughout the house, and it would be handy to be able to use either tuner on all the TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)