622 remote won't run my receiver

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I just recently (Sunday) got my satellite set up installed. Got my OTA locals and everything is very good except I can not get the remote that came with 622 to operate my Sony STR-K850P receiver. The remote runs my Mits 65732 HDTV and it works the 622 just fine but I have tried time and time to program the remote as per the instructions to no avail. It won't turn on or off, nothing. I went through all the codes and tried to scan it as well. Any thoughts?

Sounds like you are out of luck. If you have tried all of the brand codes, and the code search, then there is not much else you can do.
Unfortunately "universal" remotes don't work with EVERY product.
That is 'specially true when it is either a no-name product, of a NEW product that came out after the remote was made.

I just went through this with my new Sony receiver and the remote works with it now.

You need to change the command mode in the Sony receiver to AV1. It comes set up from the factory as AV2. Setting it to AV1 will make the receiver use more conventional remote signals that are used in unversal remotes. Then program your 622 remote normally using the Sony codes.

Consult your Sony owner's guide for how to change it.

Also, after you change it in the receiver don't forget to change the mode of your Sony remote or it won't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)