622 Scheduling Problem

trumanhorn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Missouri
I have a VIP 622, and my DVR is set to record three shows which air in the same time slot tonight: NBC's "The Office," FOX's "Fringe," and CBS' "CSI". I receive all of my networks from Dish, and only ABC over the air. I believe CSI is set with the lowest timer order, which normally means it would be the one not to record. All that being said, all three shows are listed in my upcoming events section--including two shows ("The Office," "Fringe") on tuner 2. Is it possible my DVR has added a third tuner without my knowledge (ha ha)? I'm really tempted to see what's going to happen at 8:00 central time. Any thoughts as to why this is what my listings are showing? Should I manually delete one timer to ensure that at least two of them record?

I've also been having this problem and more lately (See my thread in the technical discussions forum). Don't know why it thinks it can record 2 things on one tuner, I have always manually fixed it, so I don't know what happens if I don't. But I have worse problems with random rebooting, lockups on timer edits, skipping, restoring, etc.

So what happened last night? Did CSI get recorded or not?

I manually deleted the "CSI" recording. I think that's what would have happened anyway, but I really didn't want to take a chance on it not recording what I really wanted to see ("The Office) just to solve my hunch. Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

I have a VIP 622, and my DVR is set to record three shows which air in the same time slot tonight: NBC's "The Office," FOX's "Fringe," and CBS' "CSI". I receive all of my networks from Dish, and only ABC over the air. I believe CSI is set with the lowest timer order, which normally means it would be the one not to record. All that being said, all three shows are listed in my upcoming events section--including two shows ("The Office," "Fringe") on tuner 2. Is it possible my DVR has added a third tuner without my knowledge (ha ha)? I'm really tempted to see what's going to happen at 8:00 central time. Any thoughts as to why this is what my listings are showing? Should I manually delete one timer to ensure that at least two of them record?

OK, round 2 tonight. I'm going to let it go, and all three shows are on my list of scheduled recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)