622 Sound Issue

jasonbonz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
Kansas City, MO
Hello: I am new to the forum and had a questiona. I recently saw the same issue in the 622 bug thread, but do not know if there is a solution.

I have a 622 receiver with an HDMI/HDMI connection to my television. The sound consistently goes off and then comes back on again. I tried to pause a bit using the DVR function and that does not seem to help.

I contacted DISH and they said they never heard of this issue before. The only way for me to get uninterrupted sound is if I go to my component video jacks and rca plugs for sound.

It happens at least 2-3 times every ten minutes where the sound goes off and comes back on..
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

A quick update..I am not sure if there was an upgrade last night, but I was actually able to watch television for 20 minutes without any sound loss... I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hi,

When your sound goes out try unplugging the HDMI cable and reinserting it with the TV and Receiver on. THis will initiate a new handshake. Hopefully the HDMI issues will be resolved soon.

Scott

I just got my 622 installed on 3/25 and was amazed at the picture. This is my first HDTV and HD reciver.

I'm running an HDMI/HDMI cable as well. Its been driving me nutz having these audo drops. Doesn't matter if I'm watching SD or HD or even recorded. I'm going to give HDMI/DVI a shot tonight and if that doesn't help possibly try composite cables.

Nothing like getting my new toy and showing it off, just to have the sound constantly cut out.

BTW- thanks for the advice on this site, and I've tried the different button tricks and soft as well as hard resets and so far nothing seems to clear up the problem.

I changed my sound on my 622 to just pcm and I no longer suffer from the audio drop outs. Yes I lose the dolby digital sound but I have a workaround that I use. I set my a/v receiver to 5 channel speaker and I get the" simulated "dolby digital sound. It works for me untill they get the software fixed on this problem.

I just tried the HDMI to DVI and no luck :(

I also tried setting the sound to just pcm... still no luck.

I have to say that the picture quality is amazing, but the problems with the sound are quickly making the picture not worth it. Luckily I kept my 508 active on my account. Which I'm using now, because of the constant sound drops (SD is much worse than HD).

Girlfriend thinks I'm stupid for getting the 622 because with the sound problems it really makes it unwatchable. I've ordered another HDMI cable to see if it makes any difference, if it doesn't solve the problem and there isn't a fix for it real quick I will be sending the unit back to Charlie for a refund. :mad:

Just came about something that is working for me, and wondering if anyone could explain why?

I went back to HDMI/HDMI cable, and meant to push the power button on the front panel, but hit the mode button by mistake. But that seems to resolve the sound drops I've been having. I only have 1 tv currently connected to the 622, but can't understand when in dual mode the sound drops disappear. I've watch for over 1/2 hr now and not one sound drop. If I switch the 622 back to single mode the sound drops occur imediatley.

Any thoughts?? :confused:

I watched Fox HD, Prison Break and 24 tonight. No drop outs on the television or from optical to my 5.1 Surround Sound System. I have the L355 software. I recorded the programs and re winded from live mode. Haven't watched the Fox Channel since last Monday. What a mess the sound was then. I didn't change any of the settings. Strange but it was working well tonight!

I get the same crap, if i go from a local channel SD to HBO the sound is dropped especially if the show on HBO is in HD, if i rewind back the sounds comes back. When i hit the LIVE button the sound is dropepd again, this is on TV2 which is SD. My only work around is to Rewind back in order to get sound back on. I hope Dish fixes this soon, it is quite annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)