622 Sputtered and died

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wgeorge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Hawaii
My 622 had been rebooting itself periodically for a month or so and sometimes would not awaken from its own reboot. I would then unplug it for a few minutes and it would be fine for a while.

Yesterday, it just died altogether. It sits there and makes noise but no pix, sound or menus. Is there a fix or do I need to call the dreaded Dish support? :mad:

Thanks

Sounds exactly like what mine did. You'll need to call support or use the online chat (i've found the online chat is less frustrating and you have a transcript of the inaccurate, but funny, information they give you)

Well I had a 622 that worked flawlesslty right out of the box BUT the HDMI output never worked. So got this new Onkyo Receiver and I just "needed" a receiver with a working HDMI, so called and because I had a complaint on my account they send me a refurbished. Well thione never worked at it should. This one acquired the signal, then downloaded the guide and 5 seconds after the image appered "boom", it wii reboot itself and will stay in a never ending loop doing the same. I may press the menu button on the remote and I'll get access but 5 seconds after the rebooting again. Actually this was the second problem.

The firts problem ocurred about 5 days after I got it, the unit will spin the HD but no picture and the Tv1 light will blink very strange . Damd it I just wanted to eliminate a bunch of cables, the HDMI was the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts