622 Sputtered and died

wgeorge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Hawaii
My 622 had been rebooting itself periodically for a month or so and sometimes would not awaken from its own reboot. I would then unplug it for a few minutes and it would be fine for a while.

Yesterday, it just died altogether. It sits there and makes noise but no pix, sound or menus. Is there a fix or do I need to call the dreaded Dish support? :mad:

Thanks

Sounds exactly like what mine did. You'll need to call support or use the online chat (i've found the online chat is less frustrating and you have a transcript of the inaccurate, but funny, information they give you)

Well I had a 622 that worked flawlesslty right out of the box BUT the HDMI output never worked. So got this new Onkyo Receiver and I just "needed" a receiver with a working HDMI, so called and because I had a complaint on my account they send me a refurbished. Well thione never worked at it should. This one acquired the signal, then downloaded the guide and 5 seconds after the image appered "boom", it wii reboot itself and will stay in a never ending loop doing the same. I may press the menu button on the remote and I'll get access but 5 seconds after the rebooting again. Actually this was the second problem.

The firts problem ocurred about 5 days after I got it, the unit will spin the HD but no picture and the Tv1 light will blink very strange . Damd it I just wanted to eliminate a bunch of cables, the HDMI was the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)